The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1959 Plymouth Suburban
Moderators: ronbo97

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - EBAY, CRAIGSLIST & OTHER FINDSMessage format

Powerflite
Posted 2022-06-30 1:11 PM (#622495)
Subject: 1959 Plymouth Suburban

Expert 5K+

Looks pretty decent in the pictures. Dumb reserve auction though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134159652270

This is a very solid Plymouth suburban custom station wagon. It was restored over 10 years ago. Since it was a southern car, it appears that there was very little rust that needed to be prepared. Body panels all seem to have been rust free. The floor pans between the frame rails are original and solid. The spare tire well is solid. The floor area between the frame rails and the rocker panels have had some work done to them, but it looks like a decent job was done. ( see pictures ) The flaking you will see is just the old heavy duty / thick under coating that is flaking off. The whole car was repainted during the restoration in the original colors. There are some small bubbles in the paint on the lower side of the tail gate area. They seem to be solid and not an issue at this time. They are actually hard to notice unless you see them in the right light. The under side ( bottom ) of the tail gate appears to be rust free, so maybe there was just a skim coat of filler laid on down low to smooth out some minor dings? The chrome and stainless trim appear to be original and OK with the exception of some of the trim pieces having had minor dings worked out and polished. There is a crack in the windshield on the passenger side. It starts at the bottom close to the door and heads upwards, but it has not went all the way to the top yet. It also looks like a very old crack. I don't think it will spread any further, but new windshields are available and I have another complete set of stainless trim for around the windshield just in case a piece gets damaged while removal. Over all, I would rate the exterior of the car and 8 out of 10. The interior has all been replaced and it is in great shape. I would rate the interior a 9.5 out of 10.

The driveline consist of a rebuilt 1978 360 V-8 engine with a mild cam and Edelbrock carb. New electronic distributer and control box. Stainless steel headers. 3" flow master exhaust. The transmission is a rebuilt later model 727 torqueflite. The rear end is a later model 8 3/4" Mopar with the desirable 489 case. Not sure what the gear ratio is, but they are definitely highway gears, and not a posi unit.

It has all new front and rear suspension parts including the torsion tubes. Power disc brakes up front and drum rears. New power steering box. New 17" Polished American mag wheels with new tires. New power brake booster unit. New 4 core aluminum radiator with electric fan. Engine runs 190 degrees on a very hot day.

All in all, this is a very nice old cruiser and a rare one at that. Please call me at three 14-208-770 zero for more information before you bid. I do not want any misunderstandings.

(1959 Plym Suburban LFs.jpg)

(1959 Plym Suburban RRs.jpg)

(1959 Plym Suburban Dashs.jpg)

(1959 Plym Suburban Interiors.jpg)

(1959 Plym Suburban Engines.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1959 Plym Suburban LFs.jpg (213KB - 50 downloads)
Attachments 1959 Plym Suburban RRs.jpg (214KB - 42 downloads)
Attachments 1959 Plym Suburban Dashs.jpg (122KB - 43 downloads)
Attachments 1959 Plym Suburban Interiors.jpg (123KB - 45 downloads)
Attachments 1959 Plym Suburban Engines.jpg (183KB - 48 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jboymechanic
Posted 2022-07-01 9:15 AM (#622510 - in reply to #622495)
Subject: Re: 1959 Plymouth Suburban

Expert

It does appear to be a very nice car, but the one thing that drives me nuts about any car is when the exhaust hangs way down low below the frame! Looks terrible and you're asking to hit it on something at some point.
Powerflite
Posted 2022-07-01 10:44 AM (#622511 - in reply to #622510)
Subject: Re: 1959 Plymouth Suburban

Expert 5K+

Yeah, I noticed that too. He made the exhaust go under the steering linkage, which is dumb, but he gave it way too much clearance as well. I guess he likes to leave skid marks everywhere he goes.

Edited by Powerflite 2022-07-01 11:03 AM

(1959 Plym Suburban Exhausts.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1959 Plym Suburban Exhausts.jpg (108KB - 41 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)