The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling a rare 3 owner 59 Desoto Firedome project
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - VEHICLESMessage format

jayzee
Posted 2019-11-24 3:29 AM (#590641)
Subject: Selling a rare 3 owner 59 Desoto Firedome project

New User

I decided to sell my new project. She needs a complete overhaul. I found a complete good Firedome parts car and will send contact info to buyer. The car is a very rare 1959 Desoto Firedome 4 door sedan. Factory AC and PS car. Original owner was elderly and hit in to things, and previous owner drove it for 1 year 75-76 until reverse went out and parked it until I brought it home a week ago. Frame is solid and oil is black, but no corrosion or moisture on dipstick. Comes with cars complete history and order paper. condition is:
interior. shot, instrument panel is ok. Needs all new floors and a few floor braces
drivetrain. will need rebuilt. block SHOULD be good, but been sitting since 76
body. has many dents. Passenger fender and front doors need replaced (any 59 desoto except firesweep). Rest of dents can be easily straightened. rockers and bottom of 1/4s need replaced (all is repoped)
trim/brightwork.. front bumper, grille, passenger headlight bezel, driver fender badge, and 2 taillights gone or no good (any 59 desoto). Side trim has alot missing (any 59 desoto except firesweep). Rest of chrome is good driver quality
glass. is all very nice except windshield needs replaced
suspension/frame. frame is solid, suspension unk. Needs correct rims

As stated the bones are solid, but floors, rockers, and bottom 1/4s are rusted from sitting. All of that is made through C2C for $1280 or so. The parts car has ALOT of good parts, but rusted frame and bondo all over. All parts needed including a good steering wheel, decent interior, etc the parts car has! Parts car is $1500 located in Indiana, but note only a good parts car!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
1959 Belvedere Conv
Posted 2019-12-04 7:46 PM (#591085 - in reply to #590641)
Subject: Re: Selling a rare 3 owner 59 Desoto Firedome project

Elite Veteran

Please post some pictures for all who might be interested in this car. Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)