The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reliable Transport
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Vendor DiscussionMessage format

Viper Guy
Posted 2019-05-20 8:39 PM (#582342)
Subject: Reliable Transport

Expert

Has anyone else had experience with Reliable Transport?  I got quotes from several different companies that ranged from $1100.00 open to almost $2500.00 closed.  Most of these were brokers looking for an available hauler that would meet, or come close to, their quote coming from the San Diego area of California to Branson, MO.  Reliable was the only one that communicated in the manner they said they would.  Plus they had an enclosed trailer for only a couple hunderd dollars more the the highest open quote (about $1500.00).  They also were the fastest getting the car to me (thanks to Mecum in Indy where they were heading for multiple pick ups). 

In any event, I am extremely satisfied with their service and just wanted to pass this on.  I sincerely recommend these folks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
CaprockClassics
Posted 2019-05-23 12:13 PM (#582458 - in reply to #582342)
Subject: Re: Reliable Transport

Elite Veteran

I've exclusively used two companies in the past 8yrs. Passport Transport and Reliable Transport. Both have great dispatchers who actually answer the phones, give minimal BS, and their estimated dates for pick-up and delivery are spot-on. I've also never had any extra fees tacked on, never had a car damaged, and never had a payment problem. They've moved over 70 cars in 8yrs for me and my family and both those companies are top-notch!

I've heard similar stories about other companies like Horseless Carriage and Intercity Lines, but they are VERY regional and don't deliver to Texas or the Southwest. But they are great options for East Coast buyers.

You mentioned those brokerage companies, and I've had it up to here with them. Total ripoffs. I once paid $1100 to have a late-model car shipped open from Phoenix, AZ to Lubbock, TX. After talking to the driver and seeing his paperwork, I learned how the fees break down. I paid $1,100, the driver gets $750, and the brokerage firm takes $350. Just for answering a couple emails and finding this driver. Would've saved me a bunch of money to post the job on Uship and pay this trucker the $750 directly!

~Peter
Powerflite
Posted 2019-05-23 10:03 PM (#582468 - in reply to #582342)

Expert 5K+

70 cars? Wow, that's a lot. Unfortunately, when I looked into it, Uship is just another broker. I find that working with brokers is fine as long as you find out up front what their charge is and only work with those that are low. I have used Worldwide Shipping. They tell me up front that their fee is $150. I can live with that, and I have used them a lot. Once I book with them, I usually get a trucker within 3 days because the price is attractive to them. They are also willing to post at whatever price I want (within reason). But using a broker means that you can end up with any truck. My last 57 New Yorker I paid the usual $50 extra for non-op vehicle winch fee, but the car was fork lifted to the top front of the trailer. It had no brakes and no steering, and of course the trailer didn't have a winch! It was a huge headache getting that off the truck and took a long time inching it's way down with my daily driver as a brake-stop. Even with a more expensive closed trailer, I've had similar issues. It's always an adventure with inoperable vehicles.
oldwood
Posted 2019-05-26 10:39 PM (#582548 - in reply to #582468)

Expert

I have hauled for a few people on this site. I'm looking for a load to haul from Little Rock, Arkansas to South Dakota. Anyone need some thing hauled.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)