The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1955 dodge powerflite color
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Transmission and Rear AxleMessage format

hondaman1974
Posted 2018-10-04 1:28 PM (#571142)
Subject: 1955 dodge powerflite color

Veteran

just finished going through my powerflite for my 55 dodge custom royal. new seals, gaskets and band adjustments. was wondering what the factory color was? the pictures at allpar shows silver, (excuse me if im wrong I am colorblind) mine was painted black but may have been painted earlier. im not painting the bell housing and extension housing (keeping the natural aluminum). thanks in advance!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
56D500boy
Posted 2018-10-04 1:51 PM (#571147 - in reply to #571142)
Subject: RE: 1955 dodge powerflite color

Expert 5K+

As I understand it, the "bell housing" and tailpiece sections of the Powerflite are cast aluminum, so they should stay natural.

Based on my recent neutral safety switch replacement and being under the car, the center section is probably cast iron. From what I can see (see photo below), if the center section was painted, it was probably painted silver, not black.

This is a photo that I have in my "archives" (not mine - somebody with a 56 Desoto 2dr):

(PowerfliteTransShowingNeutralSafetySwitch_NotHookedUp.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PowerfliteTransShowingNeutralSafetySwitch_NotHookedUp.jpg (158KB - 134 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)