The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Towards Creating A 1956 Dodge Build Tag Data Base
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Fender/VIN Tag and Broadcast Sheet DecodingMessage format

56D500boy
Posted 2018-04-25 2:20 PM (#562267)
Subject: Towards Creating A 1956 Dodge Build Tag Data Base

Expert 5K+

Gentlemen: Since I have had my 56 Dodge (Sept. 2016), I have been struggling to get an interpretation of my cowl build tag. Nobody seems to know exact information about 56 Dodges. Neil Vedder (D500Neil) might have, but he passed away and did not bequeath his knowledge to any one, or at least not to anyone who wants to share it. Bill Watson (Chrycoman) knows lots things but not enough 56 Dodge stuff (Sorry Bill). A few of us with 56 Dodges (Dave H, Dave N and myself) have been exchanging info. Dave H suggested starting a spread sheet to compile correlations between actual builds and the cowl tags that we can finally establish what was what. Since I have the time, I have emailed a few folks that I know have 56 American Dodges in hopes of getting this ball rolling.

By the way, you might think that FCA Historical should be able to tell us this stuff - but they can't or won't. I have seen a decent amount of info on letters from FCA in the past, but if my more recent letter is any indication, they've lost a lot of knowledge over the years,*OR* frankly, Scarlet, they just don't give a darn (anymore).

To this end, to those 56 American Dodge owners that I know of, I have sent them info about my car including my Cowl Tag, etc. and the accessories that I know my car came with from the factory. I also included unmarked accessories listings (these originally came from Dave H (thanks Dave)) that I would hope that they can mark up (electronically or manually and scan and send back). If I don't already have a good photo of your cowl build tag and IBM card, good copies of those will be necessary to correlate the accessories order forms and your info.

It seems that there aren't too many active 1956 Dodge owners out there and as result, if we want to establish a data base of info, we need to create it ourselves.

If you want to participate in this project, please send me a private email here with your email address and I will send you the info package. Then Dave H and I will start to (try to) put it together.

Hope that you can participate.

Edited by 56D500boy 2018-04-25 10:49 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
wizard
Posted 2018-04-25 3:05 PM (#562272 - in reply to #562267)
Subject: Re: Towards Creating A 1956 Dodge Build Tag Data Base

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

Good idea Dave! I have collected salescode info by looking at many '60 Chryslers and Bill helped me a lot - he has great knowledge.

My Chrysler 60 salescode list still have many questions to straighten out...
DepsilonD
Posted 2018-04-25 4:32 PM (#562277 - in reply to #562267)
Subject: Re: Towards Creating A 1956 Dodge Build Tag Data Base

Elite Veteran

You've got my info Dave F., you know I'm in. I've wanted to do this project for years and just have never found the time. I will go through the brochure that you attached to the email you sent and see what I can confidently check off.

Dave N.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)