The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Front seat tracks command linkage
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

Chrome58
Posted 2017-11-29 5:59 AM (#553357)
Subject: Front seat tracks command linkage

Expert

Hi everyone,

I did not have anything left to use as a reference for the front seat tracks command linkage, so upon restoring my car, I choose to use a thick steel wire (close to a hanger wire). However, the carpet thickness and the transmission hump interferes with it, and when the seats are moved forwards, it bends a little and I loose the locking on the passenger side. Which is both annoying and dangerous, as the seat can abruptly move backwards or forwards.

I was thinking of using a steel cable that would pass thru the seat structure. It would go up before the transmission hump, then go down afterwards. It seems a bit complicated but it would probably work.

Have you ever had this problem ?
Do you have other solutions ?

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
56D500boy
Posted 2017-11-29 10:53 AM (#553374 - in reply to #553357)
Subject: RE: Front seat tracks command linkage

Expert 5K+

I am kind of working on the same issue. As a found my car the solid core (no strand) steel cable between the driver's side manual adjustment lever and the passenger side passive adjustment was "attached" to the bottom of the seat frame in the middle area of the seat, i.e. it cleared the hump easily.

It is not a straight shot like it implies in the diagram below.

I have the seat out, prepping for new carpet and before I put it back in (after fixing the passenger side adjuster), I am adding two Hillman 3/16" x 0.115 x 1" tubular nylon spacers (Product No. 880426) as guides in the area where the cable currently goes up "into" two steel tangs on the bottom of the seat.

This will happen in the next few days. I will document this and post photos to the forum.

Chrome58
Posted 2017-11-30 5:58 AM (#553417 - in reply to #553374)
Subject: RE: Front seat tracks command linkage

Expert

Thank you very much !!
It's exactly the type of info I was looking for.

PS : Where exactly does go the springs 23-47-26 ? I have them aside, but I never found where they did go on the tracks.

EDIT : I just realized. They go below the seat track, in order to give tension for the seat to move back forward. Duh !

Edited by Chrome58 2017-11-30 6:00 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)