The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plastic headliner retainer strips & caps
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - PARTSMessage format

Andy1974
Posted 2017-10-22 11:18 AM (#550790)
Subject: Plastic headliner retainer strips & caps

Regular

After selling 20 strips in 2016 and 20 in 2017, there are no strips in stock at the moment. But I´m thinking of doing a run of 20 again. So if there is interest, please let me know.

These are reproduction plastic retainer strips for the 1957 – 1959 cardboard headliners. Material is grey PVC, very durable but also flexible. Length is 63“, which is long enough for most applications. They are bare, without any coating. So for the final finish, they have to be painted or foiled by yourself. I used chrome car wrapping foil and it´s looking good. Price: $90/ea and $180/pair. Shipping: $44 approximately, depends on where you´re living.

I´m not able to make strips in clear plastic. Please refer to the discussions in the older threads for reasons.

I also make the endcaps that fit on the strips. One set includes 2 short (front) and 2 long caps (rear), The core material is a strong resin that has been covered with a primer, then a special aluminum layer and at last a durable clear coat layer. Optically you can´t tell it apart from galvanic chrome. I also have caps uncoated for self-coating in any color you like. Chrome coated caps are $40/ea and uncoated caps are $16/ea. There´s 1 coated set ($160) and 3 uncoated sets ($64) in stock at the moment.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
RJTVX23
Posted 2018-12-03 2:49 AM (#574544 - in reply to #550790)
Subject: RE: Plastic headliner retainer strips & caps

Hi

Do you have any of these at the moment?
Andy1974
Posted 2018-12-10 2:56 PM (#575008 - in reply to #550790)

Regular

No I´m sorry, they´re all sold out.
Usually I make a run of 20 strips one time a year. That´s minimum to make an economic price.
So I´ll only make a run again if there is enough demand. But I have the feeling demand got lower and lower from year to year. So maybe I will not make them again 2019.
Andy1974
Posted 2019-02-27 2:26 PM (#578689 - in reply to #550790)

Regular

I´m thinking about doing a run of 20 strips like last year. Just checking demand. Is there?
Price was $95/ea last year plus shipping $45. I think it would be a few bucks more this year due to production costs and exchange rate fluctuations.
Let me know if there´s also interest in the matching caps.
RJTVX23
Posted 2019-02-28 3:38 AM (#578695 - in reply to #578689)

Yes i would be interested in a set
AJS
Posted 2019-11-24 10:12 PM (#590706 - in reply to #550790)

New User

Andy, are the headliner retainer strips & caps available for the 59 Sport Fury (Should be same as that on 57 & 58 Furies) ? In reading through the forum on this topic they talk about these strips have been made out of different materials in the past and they talk about chroming such strips and caps as well as chrome painting them. I just want to know if any of these strips/caps are available regardless of what I might have to do once I get them. I am getting ready to tear out my sagging center headliner - perhaps repaint it, add stiffener material to the back of the fibre board and then re-install. The present retaining strips are most likely the originals but I am concerned about them being brittle when removing them and thereby damaging them in the process. I am also considering replacing the existing fibre board with ABS plastic sheeting - white with textured surface if the original fibre board cannot be put back in shape. If I go the route of the ABS, I am thinking of buying 3/16" thick material for strength and rigidity. That thickness may be too thick for the mounting strips to handle and could possibly break or crack the existing strips. I may have to go to thinner thickness on this. Any suggestions? Art S. (Danville, Ky)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)