The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

57 Dodge Hemi.
Moderators: ronbo97

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - EBAY, CRAIGSLIST & OTHER FINDSMessage format

60 Imp
Posted 2017-06-26 5:45 AM (#542876)
Subject: 57 Dodge Hemi.

This car posted below by Texas383. Thought I would put it up again for discussion. On ebay now with a $3k discount!
Nice looking car, although I struggle with the 2 door sedan thing. I get that they were the 'Poverty Pack' body style, but I cant see how they would be cheaper to produce than a 2 door hard top. Where I cant come to grips is passengers trying to get into the back seat, hard enough with the long doors on the hard top, right?
Am I missing something? (other than it is said the 2dr sedan is the lightest, most rigid body and fit for high performance application)
About this particular car, add says the car is not numbers matching, so I assume it refers to the Chrysler power plant. This is probably someones incantation of a factory hot rod (AKA 501)? Is it possible, it is the original engine (or a replacement of the original) and is a factory hot rod (and it is a 354 or 325)?
What about the fin emblems, hard to see in the pics, but look different to what I have seen before. Keen to hear your input.
By the way I am not looking to purchase, just generating FL discussion about a nice looking car.
Someone obviously loved it enough to make it good again.
Maybe the 3k discount is because the horn doesnt work!

Steve.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-Dodge-Coronet-Car-/253003850130?hash=i...

Edited by 60 Imp 2017-06-26 5:47 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mikes2nd
Posted 2017-06-26 12:03 PM (#542890 - in reply to #542876)
Subject: Re: 57 Dodge Hemi.

Expert 5K+

its a nice restore. I tend to believe the "flipper" bought it for much lower money and it attempting to turn and burn it and make 15k profit.

I think he has more wiggle room, its been restored by someone who cared, he probably tore that guy a new ahole.

It has a powerflite, and its a stripper sedan but many guys around here say that is the best car to have and not a Desoto Adventurer convertible

for some reason I think this car was for sale before and he may have "dealer" cleaned it up. (spray paint and polish).
mikes2nd
Posted 2017-06-26 12:12 PM (#542893 - in reply to #542876)
Subject: Re: 57 Dodge Hemi.

Expert 5K+

Here is the car in 2011 and 2012. 37k... It's probably been wandering the dealer auction circuit and is in the land of misfit toys.

It shouldn't be there though, someone needs to offer 15-20k and buy it and drive the crap out of it. Hell offer 12k, I guarantee that dealer probably paid around that.

These "flippers" keep buying it from each other for 15k at auction(its got a hemi!) and mark it up to 35k... Rinse repeat. Poor car...

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=39525&... dodge sedan hemi&highlightmode=1#M301721

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=41984&... dodge sedan hemi&highlightmode=1#M322949
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)