The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1960 Chrysler stall problem
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> General Technical Discussion and TroubleshootingMessage format

Mbc40
Posted 2017-05-29 8:34 AM (#541108)
Subject: 1960 Chrysler stall problem

My car will be going down the road and suddenly just stall, It looses power totally. most of the time it will restart right away but yesterday it did not. I put in a new gas tank because of lots of rust and sand like in the fuel filter... my gas gage was not working when I bought it. New sending unit also attached wire to sending unit gas gage still doesn't work
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Islander 62
Posted 2017-06-03 11:47 AM (#541455 - in reply to #541108)
Subject: RE: 1960 Chrysler stall problem

Veteran

Mbc40 - 2017-05-29 5:34 AM

My car will be going down the road and suddenly just stall, It looses power totally. most of the time it will restart right away but yesterday it did not. I put in a new gas tank because of lots of rust and sand like in the fuel filter... my gas gage was not working when I bought it. New sending unit also attached wire to sending unit gas gage still doesn't work

If the engine faltered like it was running out of gas.... it's likely it was fuel.....if it simply shut off, like when you turn off the key.....it could be ignition....I would suspect the ballast resistor mounted on the firewall between the brake booster and the hood hinge mount.....check the carb for fuel and the distributor for spark.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)