The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

?s about aftermarket P. Brake set up
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Brakes, Wheels and TiresMessage format

udoittwo
Posted 2017-05-14 9:33 AM (#539990)
Subject: ?s about aftermarket P. Brake set up

Expert

A while back someone here say they used an 8" power brake set up but said it wasn't large enough and was going to a 9" . All I ever see are the 8", were you able to find a 9" set up and did it work better?

I've often wondered about how these kits are listed. Some list up to 1959 and a different one from 1960-74. then others list the same units as 1962-74 A + B bodies. What are all the differences? I am running a 1972 Cuda dual MC on my car now. Don't they all use the same 4 bolt flange? Would the whole set up from a late 60s-early 70s MOPAR work?

I guess what I am trying to figure out is what is the best set up for a full sized 1960 Plymouth? I know some will say to find an original one but as they get older they are harder to find and I am guessing harder to find parts for? I like keeping factory as much as possible but I drive my car a lot and long distances and like knowing that I can find replacment parts easier and possibly in stock on some items.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
oldhippie
Posted 2017-05-17 9:55 AM (#540221 - in reply to #539990)
Subject: Re: ?s about aftermarket P. Brake set up

Veteran

I'm not much help right now, but I'll be getting this soon, and using it on a '60 Dodge Matador. I haven't found a 9" either, but it seems like a dual 8" should be comparable to a single 9".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-8-Dual-Diaphram-POWER-Brake-Booster-M...
udoittwo
Posted 2017-05-18 7:57 AM (#540315 - in reply to #539990)
Subject: RE: ?s about aftermarket P. Brake set up

Expert

IF you are planning on installing it soon, please let me know how well it went together, how long it took to convert, any problems, and how it worked.
Thanks,
Karl.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)