The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LED Bulbs at RockAuto.com!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Vendor DiscussionMessage format

RockAuto
Posted 2017-02-10 12:45 PM (#533690)
Subject: LED Bulbs at RockAuto.com!

Veteran

Car restorers know answers to the question,"How long does it take to replace an instrument panel light bulb?" range from "five minutes" to "I started taking apart the instrument panel two months ago, and I still haven't found that %!@# bulb!" Hard to reach bulbs and any other bulbs that you only want to change once, can now be replaced with new LED bulbs. Here are just a few benefits of using an LED bulb for your automotive lighting needs:

*LED bulbs do not have a filament wire like incandescent bulbs, making them better equipped to withstand vibration
*LED bulbs last longer, use less power and give off less heat compared to incandescent bulbs
*LED bulbs typically give off more light and even come in multiple color choices
*LED bulbs have fewer part numbers, making them more universal

While LED bulbs do cost a lot more than incandescent bulbs, this is less scary when you consider that many incandescent bulbs start at less than $0.25 at RockAuto.com. It could be worth $10 or even $20 to avoid disassembling an instrument panel a second time.

Find all types of bulbs, with choice of brands, at RockAuto.com under the "Electrical-Bulb & Socket" category for your vehicle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
imopar380
Posted 2017-02-10 9:22 PM (#533727 - in reply to #533690)
Subject: Re: LED Bulbs at RockAuto.com!

Expert 5K+

There are other alternatives...... a friend of mine installed LED bulbs in the tail lights of his 1960 Polara. They seem to be directional, and show up brightest when viewing from straight on, but when viewed on an angle the luminosity was noticeably dimmer . Our standard tail light bulbs in these old cars used to be the 1034s, then the 1157s replaced them, both with the dual filaments. There is also a newer alternative, - A 2357 tail/brake combination bulb, available at any auto parts store, will produce the same brightness for the tail light (3 lumens), but will produce 25% greater brightness for the brake light (40 lumens vs. 32 lumens). I am now running 2357s in my Saratoga for anyone who is interested.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)