The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wonder what happened to this car ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

oldefar
Posted 2017-02-05 2:22 PM (#533273)
Subject: Wonder what happened to this car ?

Elite Veteran

This 1961 Chrysler Newport was for sale as a parts-car on this site quite some time ago. That's what made me so angry for a while that I didn't even want to be on here. Because people on here wanted the car to be parted out instead of saving it (unbeliveable). The asking-price was $ 1500,oo.

I wrote in that thread that I wanted to buy the car to save it from being parted. Never heard from the owner?/seller?!!! Really sad, and I am very sorry about it, because it had a price I could afford, including shipping and taxes and stuff.

Anybody on here knows what happened to it ? Anybody on here bought it for parts or to restore

oldefar

Edited by oldefar 2017-02-05 2:29 PM

(Newport.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Newport.jpg (53KB - 128 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
big m
Posted 2017-02-06 11:47 AM (#533345 - in reply to #533273)
Subject: Re: Wonder what happened to this car ?

Expert 5K+

I remember that thread. Seems a demo derby driver offered it for sale or parts.

Unfortunately some people get scared off when they get a request from someone overseas, thinking it's a scam, and won't reply.

No idea what eventually became of the car, though.

---John
oldefar
Posted 2017-02-07 7:22 PM (#533468 - in reply to #533273)
Subject: Re: Wonder what happened to this car ?

Elite Veteran

Hi John.

It's been a while. Thanks for the reply. Demolitionderby ? That's even a hundred times worse than parting it out. Just can't understand such an attitude. From the picture, the car look pretty whole and nice. All the mouldings (at least on the visible side) seem to be there, the hubcaps are there, the the turnsignals/parking lights and headlights and housings are all there. Kinda special with that all green poly color too.

By the way, I just stated my interest in that thread. I never sendt a PM or e-mail, beacaus as far as I can remember there was no contact info in the thread. Well I still hope somebody saved it.

If anybody on here have any info on this car, please let me know.

oldefar
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)