The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wild fires
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Members RidesMessage format

1961plymouthfury
Posted 2016-12-26 12:20 PM (#529777)
Subject: Wild fires

Expert

I feel bad for the people of Gatlinburg , TN who lost their homes and businesses.
I would like to give this advice to my fellow forward lookers and other classic car owners if this crisis ever happens to you I would advise you to take your antique/classic car do not leave it behind.
I remember when flagler county in FL was evacuated I seen on the news that a lot of folks took their classic cars. I sure as hell would not leave my classic behind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RUSTORICHES
Posted 2016-12-26 3:04 PM (#529790 - in reply to #529777)
Subject: Re: Wild fires

Extreme Veteran

This is only one of life's very emotional and most definitely stressful situations to experience. May03/16 was one day I'll never forget being in Ft. McMurray Alberta Canada when a population of 88,000 was evacuated within a few short hours unharmed This was one of North America's top stories of the year. It mostly breaks down to Family, Pets and some personal belongings and a safe place. The classic car well I seen one that made it out with out being damaged [66 Charger] and one [57 Chev truck] burnt to a crisp in a garage 2 drs. done from where I was living. Fortunately for for me I only lost 6 weeks work and the the turn around time went fast. It's been estimated that 20,000 will not return to this city due to a vast number of reasons be it work or financial or just do not want the reminder of the horrific experience. I myself lost most everything to a fire in 1998 so I;ve been there done that in my life and understand the hard choices that people must make in life.
1961plymouthfury
Posted 2016-12-27 12:51 AM (#529829 - in reply to #529790)
Subject: Re: Wild fires

Expert

That is awful and I feel bad about what happened. Does anyone know how the fire started were you are at? It was kids striking matches and throwing them on the ground. in Gatlinburg that is what started the fire there. They are in deep s**t big time because of these 2 14 people lost their lives . In my opinion they should have to pay for the damages they caused . Whats coming to these 1 I got no sympathy for the criminals I also hope the judge throws the book at these 2.
I also know it hurts to lose a classic car by fire I have been there . What made it hurt the most mine was a forward look the day it burned I about exploded with rage.
I was very lucky to find another 1 to replace it and its under restoration

Edited by 1961plymouthfury 2016-12-27 11:56 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)