The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

60 Adventurer roof trim clips
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

b5rt
Posted 2016-12-09 10:14 AM (#528265)
Subject: 60 Adventurer roof trim clips

Expert

I haven't posted any pics here of my restoration, sort of waiting till the end, but one part that has become the most elusive is the clips that hold on the stainless roof trim. My originals are mostly rusty junk but I've attached pictures of the best one for comparison reasons. These go into a blind hold in the roof and have a rubber cap that seals out the weather from the interior of car.

Restoration Specialties has the 60 Dodge #3312 which looked close but is too small. I then snail-mailed them my clip which was returned with a note that they do not have them.

I've been thru the Auveco online catalog and can't find any that will work. My local parts guy got the #8581 trim to fit plastic but the attaching clip is way too big.

Anyone have a known source for these or something that will work? I'm in need of all 8 clips.

(IMG_3739.JPG)

(IMG_3751.JPG)

(IMG_3752.JPG)

(IMG_3753.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3739.JPG (104KB - 62 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3751.JPG (70KB - 68 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3752.JPG (88KB - 65 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3753.JPG (78KB - 76 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
springsweptwing
Posted 2016-12-09 3:49 PM (#528287 - in reply to #528265)
Subject: Re: 60 Adventurer roof trim clips

Elite Veteran

Hi Greg,

These sort of trims that you cannot get into to put a threaded fastner on it usually use a good quality PU adhesive, it seals the hole where the original trims clips go and does not cause any rust issues with trim clips later on, only problem is if you need to remove the trim again ?
b5rt
Posted 2016-12-11 7:05 PM (#528439 - in reply to #528265)
Subject: Re: 60 Adventurer roof trim clips

Expert

Plugging the hole with some sort of adhesive can keep the water out. I'm still needing to attach the trim and prefer not to use epoxy or something that makes removal of a rare and valuable piece impossible.

I'm considering modifying the new 3312 clips so they can attach to the stainless trim... maybe someone has some ideas?

In the meantime, if someone has gone through this process I'd like to know what they used or what was their solution.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)