The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

headliner how to?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

51coronet
Posted 2016-10-22 6:45 PM (#524094)
Subject: headliner how to?

Extreme Veteran

Anyone have some step by steps as well as pictures involving a headliner replacement? I watched some youtube videos but looking at the headliner in my 58 imperial and how it may or may not attach is not the same as a muscle car era Camaro or mustang.

I'm sure the approach will be the same but I want to see some FL cars in the works. I also do not want to pull either windshield if at all possible. I read some threads here and it sounds possible.

Anyone care to share some pictures of a step by step they documented?

I am inclined to think the parts that hold the headliner in place as well as trim will be nearly identical in the FL cars other than some angles and dimensions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
58coupe
Posted 2016-10-23 10:05 AM (#524133 - in reply to #524094)
Subject: Re: headliner how to?

Expert

I haven't replaced mine in my 58 Ply. yet but the factory service manual has instructions and pics. on how to do it.
56D500boy
Posted 2016-12-23 6:31 PM (#529647 - in reply to #524094)
Subject: RE: headliner how to?

Expert 5K+

The training manuals on this (I have one) DO suggest that the windshield and back glass have to come out. I want to avoid that unless I can also justify replacing the rubbers at the same time (Chicken/egg). Apparently I have an unsourced windshield leak so that may be in the cards for me.

What I want to know is has anybody used these guys for headliners:

http://www.newstalgiaparts.com/Catalog/ShortProduct?productvariantI...

springsweptwing
Posted 2016-12-23 6:52 PM (#529648 - in reply to #524094)
Subject: Re: headliner how to?

Elite Veteran

If it is the same as other forward looks of same vintage you could do it with glass still in place , but you would be restricted to working inside vehicle, after removing the inside mouldings from around the screens and roof , the headliner would be glued to the rear inside roof support then pulled towards the front , the front support has triangle shaped spikes to pierce and hold the headliner in place, then you would need to work the material to the sides of car, you might need to be a bit of a contortionist but could be done.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)