The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disc upgrade
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Brakes, Wheels and TiresMessage format

plymouth
Posted 2016-10-18 8:05 PM (#523764)
Subject: Disc upgrade

Expert

A few months ago I was involved in a bad auto accident. It was in my daily driver, 2010 Dodge charger. I don't feel like owning a new car or making payments for that matter, so I've decided to use the '63 Imperial as my daily driver. Since the wreck, I have been more safety conscience. I plan on getting the steering box rebuilt and firmed up and also upgrading the front brakes to discs. The car stops fine as is, but there are so many bad drivers out there that I feel discs would be a good investment. I just wanted you guys concensus on which upgrades have you done. The car has power brakes with a newly rebuilt booster. It also has 15 inch wheels so I can use bigger rotors. I've had great success with AAJ on my old Plymouth. What have you guys done? I'm not wanting to swap spindles. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jboymechanic
Posted 2016-10-18 9:23 PM (#523770 - in reply to #523764)
Subject: Re: Disc upgrade

Expert

I have an AAJ kit on my '56 Imperial at it seems to work well. The car is not street legal yet, so I've only stopped from about 30 mph. I also purchased a kit from Scarebird as it will allow me to use Dodge truck rotors, instead of the Ford truck rotors, which will give me the correct hub diameter (Ford is a little smaller).
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)