The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

61 seneca resto-mod nightmare
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Steering and SuspensionMessage format

mopar4markscar
Posted 2016-09-29 4:15 AM (#522295)
Subject: 61 seneca resto-mod nightmare

New User

A big hello to all! I recently took over a restomod project for my dear friend and next-door neighbor who owns a 61 seneca that started life as a225 six with 3spd manual. The shop he took it to swapped out the six for a late 90's ram 1500 318 F.I. with the overdrive auto trans. They lowered it too radically (the auto trans oilpan was taking a critical pounding) took all but 2 leafs out of the rear -changed the front spindles to F-body hubs but installed used hubs with worn beyond belief rotors... the list of horrors I found is-was too long to go into here. This is the first real-old Dodge I've got my mitts onto and it's been a challenge just squaring all the new wiring and computer issues as well as the safety stuff like oh lemme see...a new power assist dual brake setup that actually stops the car etc etc. So where I'm at is the front suspension...so, the original torsion bars are still in place. The left side is a goner, but hey - with the new motor and trans this thing has put on some weight up front, so which bars would be best for the upgraded weight, and where would I get them? Next oproject (when the money comes hehe) will be the rear and removing those ridiculous 5 or 6 in lowering blocks...new shackles, leaf sets and perches...I want to do this right. I mean, this is my buddy, it IS his other woman, and we both want the girl to go another 55 years. So...1st chore...them torsion bars. And yanno I'll prolly be asking about something else soon.

Oh and yes, I will get some pics to upload soon because she's kinda a real bling-y creampuff and getting better with the real love.

And yes, grease IS good. Grease is great. Support your local grease junkie.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mopar1
Posted 2016-10-04 12:06 PM (#522619 - in reply to #522295)
Subject: Re: 61 seneca resto-mod nightmare

Expert

The 225 weights about 50 pounds less than an LA318. The LA 318 weighs 75 less than a Poly 318, so upgrade to the bars that came on a 318 '61. There's a wide variety of disc spindles out there that will work, I used '77 NYer on my '60 Plym, though the distance between the arm mount locations was closer I haven't had any problems. Used a non power M/C from a later in the 60s Mopar.

Edited by Mopar1 2016-10-04 12:09 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)