The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AAJ Brake mod-Distribution Block
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Brakes, Wheels and TiresMessage format

GaryS
Posted 2016-09-24 12:24 PM (#522007)
Subject: AAJ Brake mod-Distribution Block

Expert

As part of the total restification of my ’56 Plymouth, I’m upgrading the brakes with AAJ front discs with ’74 Monaco calipers, and 11” Mopar drums in back on a B-body rear end. The AAJ kit supplies parts to modify the distribution block and adds a proportioning valve to adjust the rear brake bias.

Instead of that combination, I’d prefer to use a later model K-H distribution block, part number 89410. It was used by nearly all US manufacturers for years, and I have one from a ’79 Aspen parts car that is in nice shape. If needed, inexpensive rebuild kits are available.

The swap seems like a natural, but perhaps there is something I’m missing. If the bias is off, I would still have the proportioning valve that could be installed.

Opinions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
57chizler
Posted 2016-09-24 5:05 PM (#522029 - in reply to #522007)
Subject: RE: AAJ Brake mod-Distribution Block

Expert

The combination valve (combined prop valve, metering valve and distribution block) aren't all the same regardless of external appearance. Theoretically, the internal proportioning of each combo valve is intended only for a certain front/rear brake combination and weight bias. If the internal proportioning is stronger than you need, an external prop valve won't do you any good.
60 dart
Posted 2016-09-24 6:13 PM (#522034 - in reply to #522007)
Subject: Re: AAJ Brake mod-Distribution Block

Expert 5K+

a dial in prop is a pain at best . your best option would be to try to match all your brake parts by equal size and function . i've used the dial in
valve as a lazy resort for yrs and have never liked the way it functions , mainly because unless one is totally lucky it can be a guessing game as
to getting the exact sweet spot of a dial in -----------------------------------------------------later
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)