The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1959 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer
Moderators: Ray Bell

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Australia & New Zealand RegionMessage format

lozrox58
Posted 2016-09-06 8:51 AM (#520616)
Subject: 1959 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer

Extreme Veteran

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/detail/dodge-custom-royal-421375

2 door hardtop. Super rare. Clean, unrestored car. Swivel seats, p/steer etc. East Gosford NSW

Edited by lozrox58 2016-09-06 8:53 AM

(0000-000043670.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 0000-000043670.jpg (107KB - 123 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
matte
Posted 2016-09-06 6:27 PM (#520662 - in reply to #520616)
Subject: Re: 1959 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer

Elite Veteran

That is a clean, nice looking car. Seller must assume that serious buyers will call for more photos. Still, for that sort of coin I'd be using every bit of enticing I could.

VAN HELSING
Posted 2016-09-07 5:16 AM (#520688 - in reply to #520662)

Elite Veteran

The pic background doesn't look overly like an Australian landscape?..... looks to be a pic taken in the US ?

Yep, its a fair bit of $$$ , looks good in the pics though and its instant gratification, instead of many years of scrounging for parts, and most times big $$$ for those parts , paying exorbitant shipping costs for the parts to get here and then having to rebuild a project car and the costs and months/years to do it.

I'm learning the cost of it all now. I think in hindsight I would have been best to pay more and buy a better car in my case. I've probably invested enough in mine to date to have bought a better one, but I'm locked in to it so on it goes.........

That said, maybe the seller will reach his target price, guess there might be some room to move ? > Though I'm not really up on the prices the 2 doors in this condition would fetch in the US ?........plus there's around $5 000 AU in shipping from US east coast to here with all charges and prior to that, paying someone to inspect and report condition in the US before purchase and transport costs from seller to shipping port so it does add up. There are other additional sundry costs as well.

The fellow that I bought my 4 door '59 Dodge from ended up later on buying and importing his own 2 door ( which is what he actually wanted originally ) and he had A LOT of import headaches, costs, and the car wasn't as described in the condition report he paid for in the US to have done prior to purchase. He ended up with his fingers burn't on the deal ( well, a bit of a scorching really ).

There's pros and cons in self importing or buying one already landed here ........ some of the pros of that is probably part of the asking price on this one ? .......

Edited by VAN HELSING 2016-09-07 5:23 AM
desotogeorge
Posted 2016-09-07 5:45 AM (#520689 - in reply to #520616)
Subject: RE: 1959 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer

Veteran

I can vouch for this 59, I imported it for the gentleman who has it and yes it is in Gosford. If you are into 59 Dodges you will know they are near impossible to find. Then lets start thinking a 59 Dodge that is Totaly Rust free and you really are looking at a RARE bird! Get on the net and try to even find one for sale, this is probably the only one that is.
ttotired
Posted 2016-09-07 6:03 PM (#520729 - in reply to #520616)

Expert 5K+

I wish the seller all the best, but I dont believe he will get anything like his asking price

Economy over here is pretty tight right now and for $70,000 there are a lot more "desirable" collector cars out there (Desirable to the average Aussie out there).

Go up to the average Aussie in the street and ask what a 59 dodge is, even the old blokes (like me) I bet most couldnt tell you

These cars were not common here, they rarely feature in movies or tv series (Crime Story was an exception), so theres just no following

But in saying that, this guys car (if its good enough) will go to a collector to add "spice" to his collection, and if they open the doors to the collection, people here will look at it and go "whats that?" (here it all the time with my 60)

The price on this puts it in the basket with a lot of high end collector cars including the Aussie collectables, which seem to be doing a lot better than the US cars at the moment

matte
Posted 2016-09-07 7:11 PM (#520733 - in reply to #520688)

Elite Veteran

VAN HELSING - 2016-09-07 5:16 AM

The pic background doesn't look overly like an Australian landscape?..... looks to be a pic taken in the US ?

Yep, its a fair bit of $$$ , looks good in the pics though and its instant gratification, instead of many years of scrounging for parts, and most times big $$$ for those parts , paying exorbitant shipping costs for the parts to get here and then having to rebuild a project car and the costs and months/years to do it.

I'm learning the cost of it all now. I think in hindsight I would have been best to pay more and buy a better car in my case. I've probably invested enough in mine to date to have bought a better one, but I'm locked in to it so on it goes.........

That said, maybe the seller will reach his target price, guess there might be some room to move ? > Though I'm not really up on the prices the 2 doors in this condition would fetch in the US ?........plus there's around $5 000 AU in shipping from US east coast to here with all charges and prior to that, paying someone to inspect and report condition in the US before purchase and transport costs from seller to shipping port so it does add up. There are other additional sundry costs as well.

The fellow that I bought my 4 door '59 Dodge from ended up later on buying and importing his own 2 door ( which is what he actually wanted originally ) and he had A LOT of import headaches, costs, and the car wasn't as described in the condition report he paid for in the US to have done prior to purchase. He ended up with his fingers burn't on the deal ( well, a bit of a scorching really ).

There's pros and cons in self importing or buying one already landed here ........ some of the pros of that is probably part of the asking price on this one ? .......

Everything in your post is very true!! I would of now preferred to have paid more and bought a car that was checked and finished. Even though mine was not meant to of been this bad of condition, fixing it up is very costly. Besides the parts, the main hit is cost of freight.. darn highway robbery!!! The problem is having the money all at once as opposed to restoring as you got a cash flow....

Yep importing is a headache and everyone wants a piece of the action!!!!!!!!!! Then when I got the car the migraines started! I got conned..

matte
Posted 2016-09-07 7:17 PM (#520734 - in reply to #520729)

Elite Veteran

ttotired - 2016-09-07 6:03 PM

I wish the seller all the best, but I dont believe he will get anything like his asking price

Economy over here is pretty tight right now and for $70,000 there are a lot more "desirable" collector cars out there (Desirable to the average Aussie out there).

Go up to the average Aussie in the street and ask what a 59 dodge is, even the old blokes (like me) I bet most couldnt tell you

These cars were not common here, they rarely feature in movies or tv series (Crime Story was an exception), so theres just no following

But in saying that, this guys car (if its good enough) will go to a collector to add "spice" to his collection, and if they open the doors to the collection, people here will look at it and go "whats that?" (here it all the time with my 60)

The price on this puts it in the basket with a lot of high end collector cars including the Aussie collectables, which seem to be doing a lot better than the US cars at the moment

Dodge, Chrysler and Valiant have been in Oz for decades and decades but I think the other problem is, especially asking people here about Dodge is the name... Asking someone here if they would pay $70K on a Dodge is like asking if they would pay $70K for a Valiant. To a lot of people who those names still have a stigma. I'm talking about people who are semi into cars or when into hotting up cars in the 80's and early 90's but left the scene. Even the average Aussie Valiant fetches good money these days but some people just wouldn't know.. I think I'm making sense but I'm half asleep:wince:

I think the average person here would expect something like the 59 Dodge to be worth like $5K to $15K because they just don't know.. They nearly fall over when you tell them actual costs...

Edited by matte 2016-09-07 7:24 PM
lozrox58
Posted 2016-09-08 7:14 AM (#520761 - in reply to #520688)

Extreme Veteran

VAN HELSING - 2016-09-07 7:16 PM

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Trouble is I've been into my 59 for 7 years. And the $$$$ are ^^^^^^^.
If a restored four door can sell for $50k I can see that $69k may be achievable.
ttotired
Posted 2016-09-08 6:09 PM (#520805 - in reply to #520616)

Expert 5K+

My restored dodge is on the market at $30,000 ono

Not 1 bite

I will admit I am not "aggressively" selling it, and once it warms up again (hurry up) it will most likely go off the market

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)