The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1960 Dart Phoenix 318, V8, 4bbl
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - VEHICLESMessage format

MorePar
Posted 2016-08-14 11:04 AM (#519014)
Subject: 1960 Dart Phoenix 318, V8, 4bbl

I ran my 1960 Dart in the community parade today and had a blast. It is for sale for best offer over $6,500. I am listing on Forward Look first.  I have firm offers over $5,500 already.

Needs paint. I was going with Saturn Yellow under a white top before our lives changed suddenly because of the green interior.

New water pump and belts

New hoses
New fuel pump
Rebuilt Carter AFB
Compete tuneup, Plugs adn wires, rotor, cap, cleaned up ratty old wiring etc.

This original, matching numbers engine and tranny runs strong and clean!
Cast Iron, Torqueflite has new front seal and pan off clean up and adjust. Shifts great. Has very tiny leak around shifter cable grommet.
Gas tank dropped, drained, cleaned checked and reinstalled with new fuel lines.
Radiator flushed, tested and new cap.
All clean and tidy and intact under the hood. Nuttin fancy.
Good battery and recent tires. Note tires have narrow white wall which is not correct, or you can flip black side out.
Fixed some brake problems incuding some lines and pulling a rear axle.
This car has no seat belts!
Original upholstery is a little rough but all there for patterns. Back seat is intact but dryed out as is head liner.

Complete, original body and a few spares of chrome trim in the trunk. Has ALL original trim pieces.
Has spare, jack and tire tool.
Radio works!
This is a very rare 1960 Dart Phoenix 318, Poly,  4 bbl. (only a few hundred left on the road)

LA built, complete, matching numbers, Colorado car. I am third Colorado owner.
Original colors were Seaspray green under a white top. Sharp.

Spare wheels available and misc pulled parts and trim..

It will burn rubber if you stomp on it but I do not do that often! This is a hot 318. Kids and young people have no idea this model Dart ever existed, but you Mopar folks know about it.  it is truly the grandaddy of the 60s Mopar Muscle cars. It was only made for one year and the Plymoth dealers protested so vehemently that it was hurting their sales that Chysler "uglied down" the 61 Dart and then killed the big Darts in 1963. the 1960 Dart body was made for only one year!

It needs minor paint and body. Floors and pan and rockers in good shape.

This deal includes original Factory owners manual Dodge Dart and the original Chrysler 1960 Dodge car mechanics manual! These are to find these in original editions.
All you need to do is basic body and paitn and you have a real Wow-er!

Relocating and must make room. I have $9500 in it since it was a Colorado barn find.

Best offer over $6,500.

Slim

Seven One Nine 229>0011  No calls or text on Sunday please! I may not answer texts very quickly as i have a "dumb phone.

(DartInParade_3b.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DartInParade_3b.jpg (104KB - 225 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
firedome
Posted 2016-09-17 6:01 PM (#521482 - in reply to #519014)
Subject: Re: 1960 Dart Phoenix 318, V8, 4bbl

Expert

Decent car, though I believe I'd call the 300s the grandday of 60s Mopar muscle cars... and not exactly rare at over 70,000 Dart Phoenixs produced, most being 4 dr post like this one, and most 318 V8. Hope it goes to a good home.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)