The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunday Morning Cruise
Moderators: Lancer Mike

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Rocky Mountain RegionMessage format

Lancer Mike
Posted 2016-03-08 10:24 PM (#506228)
Subject: Sunday Morning Cruise

For the last several Sunday mornings (nice weather and fairly early), I have been taking the De Soto out for a little highway cruising around the metro area. I go south on the Valley to C-470 and take C-470 west to 1-70 (briefly) and come back on US 6. For me, the round trip is about 57 miles and takes about 4 gallons of gas.

If anyone in the Denver area is interested in bringing your car out for a Sunday morning cruise, send me an e-mail! It would be fun to travel along in a group of old cars, forward look or otherwise. Gotta run 'em! It would be a lot of fun to start a somewhat informal Sunday morning cruise and get a bunch of cars to run together!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sonoramic60
Posted 2016-03-09 6:59 PM (#506332 - in reply to #506228)
Subject: RE: Sunday Morning Cruise

Expert

Mike --
Sounds like something interesting to do. I haven't had any of mine out very much so far this year. In fact, the "C" not at all, but I hope to have it out for the local St. Patrick's day parade this weekend. The only trouble is that the Fury does not do well in convoy as the brakes are so bad that I have to leave quite a gap in front of me which is always quickly filled bu some stranger. However, the Vette has great 4-wheel disks, but it doesn't lug well at the lower RPMs in the higher gears, so I'm constantly down- and up-shifting. I guess that leaves just the C.
Joe
Lancer Mike
Posted 2016-03-09 10:07 PM (#506364 - in reply to #506332)

Joe, if you ever feel the urge to come to the Denver area on a Sunday morning - just let me know. I will make all the arrangements. I would love to see MDII or the BTB or Shake-Rattle-and-Roar through my windshield (if I could keep up)! We could have breakfast and everything.

I really enjoy my drives, but it would be great to drive in a pack of old cars.
Sonoramic60
Posted 2016-03-10 6:15 PM (#506471 - in reply to #506364)

Expert

Mike --
Sounds like we'll have to work out something later in the spring.
My C is hopefully going to be in the local St. Patrick's Day parade this Saturday, so I took it out this safternoon for the first time this year. I just put on a new electric booster pump just ahead of the tank and it sure seems to make a difference in starting now, even if MD2 has been sitting for quite a while. It definitely is a big car, but it still is fun to drive.
Joe
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)