The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

325 Poly Oil Filter Adapter
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> The Exhaust Pipe - Modification & PerformanceMessage format

57chizler
Posted 2016-02-09 6:09 PM (#503704)
Subject: 325 Poly Oil Filter Adapter

Expert

I know that the Chrysler Hemis need to have the block oil gallery check valve removed when converting to a spin-on filter but is the Dodge the same? I looked through the Dodge service manual and see no mention of the check valve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
wayfarer
Posted 2016-02-10 11:32 AM (#503781 - in reply to #503704)
Subject: Re: 325 Poly Oil Filter Adapter

Elite Veteran

There are several variations of the oils system: Some blocks do not use the pressure relief/anti-drain back assembly; some blocks only use the anti-drain back portion; some blocks use both.
I have seen early 331 w/o the assembly; I have seen many low-deck Dodge/DeSoto w/o the assembly and have also seen many low-deck with just the anti-drain back.
I do not know the 'why' part for the variations....... I don't have any bare tall-deck blocks at this time so cannot offer to check.

You do not 'need' to change the oem assembly (if you have it) when installing a late filter. The oem design will still work. You might just end up
with two pressure reliefs and two anti-drain backs.... also, NOT ALL late filters have anti-drain back features.
A practiced hand can determine if the oem parts are in the block vs a non-drilled block.
If you have plans to drop the pan and rear main cap then the process is infinitely easier.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)