The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

59 Dodge trans muont
Moderators: big m

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Pacific Northwest RegionMessage format

59 in Calif
Posted 2015-10-11 5:56 PM (#491981)
Subject: 59 Dodge trans muont

Elite Veteran

Hey Guys, I couldn't find a trans mount, so I made one. That trans mount Xmember is flat on the top side so that made it easy to work with. Hardest part was trying to get holes to line up to bolt holes in trans. I made the insulator out of some pieces of a rubber/plactic stuff. It is kinda stiff but still has a bit of squish to it. This stuff is very scuff resistant, anyway seemed like a good idea at the time. When I set it in place I could turn the bolts in by hand, but once I let the weight set on it I needed a wrench to turn them. OK, that looks good, must be getting a bit of squish there. I rechecked the side to side measurements and is now off 1/4" from center. I took the camper dr shaft and set it up in there. The diameter is kinda big, was able to shove it in the end of trans as far as it would go and the other end I set the yoke on top of the rear end yoke and centered as the dr shaft as it is a bit too long. Then the fun began !!! I had to move the mount plate over 3/8" to get the dr shaft to center in the tunnel. That put the trans centerline 7/16" closer to pass side. When I took some side to side measurements back where the dr shaft come out end of the tunnel, things got really crazy !! The dr shaft is still centered in the tunnel, but measures 2 3/16" closer to the pass side. All this assuming the frame rails are parallel with each other. Dr. line angles are normally set up and down and that is assuming the side to side is parallel. But what if it isn't ? I would think this could set up a vibration also. Setting an engine in place with side to side degrees could get REALLY tricky !! Now there is something to think about !!!! Jerry

(Trans mount 001.jpg)

(Trans mount 002.jpg)

(Trans mount 003.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Trans mount 001.jpg (122KB - 267 downloads)
Attachments Trans mount 002.jpg (113KB - 226 downloads)
Attachments Trans mount 003.jpg (99KB - 251 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)