The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

intrtoduction
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Canada RegionMessage format

fireguyfire
Posted 2014-08-23 9:19 PM (#454037)
Subject: intrtoduction

Veteran

Hi Fellas; been reading threads for a while on this site, but finally registered and thought I'd do an introduction. I am a Southern Alberta guy who is just about to come into possession of a 1956 Dodge (Plodge) Regent, slate grey over pink. I have restored several later mopars over the years (the '56's garage mate will be my 68 Charger) but never a fin car. The Regent has an excellent body and all of the trim is present and in good order, it has an older repaint which is fine and is mechanically very good, except for its factory tired flat 6 engine.
My plan is to do a running project concept on this one and enjoy it as it is refreshed. The worst parts of the car are in the interior; the seats are shot, and it will need a new headliner.
Soooo, I have a few questions (and will for sure have many more in the future). Are reproduction headliners and seat upholstery available for these cars, and if so from where? As a Western Canadian guy is there a good source of repop parts in Canada or do you have to order out of the states?
Also, does anyone have photos of what the seats and headliner would have looked like when new in this car? (I will post in the interiors section also).
Any help would be appreciated from guys who have already been down the road I am about to start down!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Ray
Posted 2014-08-24 10:14 AM (#454061 - in reply to #454037)
Subject: RE: intrtoduction

Extreme Veteran

47 lookers (including bots), no posters as yet.

So if I may, as a newbie rookie (read unworthy ) to the site but not to cars, say hi and welcome to the site from SE B.C. I also have a ’56 Plodge (2 door wagon) project on the to do list. It also has rough but complete seats and plan on replacing them with others so they are for sale.

I have found that there is some good info on here but with a much greater concentration on the bigger fined later models, probably because of availability or maybe just fin fetish.

I don’t have the answers to your questions but I would think the info is here or on the net and hopefully someone will reply (Mopar / Forward Look parts are very expensive)………………but google is your friend.

Edited by Old Ray 2014-08-24 12:10 PM
miquelonbrad
Posted 2014-08-24 12:59 PM (#454078 - in reply to #454037)
Subject: Re: intrtoduction

Expert

Welcome! Welcome! I posted a reply in the interior section...
59finnedwarrior
Posted 2014-08-24 2:25 PM (#454089 - in reply to #454037)

Veteran

Welcome to the world of fin cars
fireguyfire
Posted 2014-08-24 9:18 PM (#454128 - in reply to #454037)

Veteran

Thanks gents; I will be posting pictures etc. in the future. Thanks for the welcome.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)