The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wanted - Forward Look Coupe, Project or Driver
Moderators: Ian, Rebels-59

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> United Kingdom RegionMessage format

Ian
Posted 2014-07-21 3:44 PM (#449917)
Subject: Wanted - Forward Look Coupe, Project or Driver

Anybody know of any Forward Look projects about? or other '50s/'60s American car?I've got a mate looking for something to restore and I said I'd advertise here for him in case one of you knows of anything.I'm not sure on the budget, I guess it depends what's out there. Cheers

Edit - He's found something so no longer looking, but I am, any Forward Look 2dr Coupes out there, either project or driver then let me know please, '57-'59 Chrysler or DeSoto would be perfect but I'm just as interested in other years/makes.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigBlockMopar
Posted 2014-07-21 5:48 PM (#449946 - in reply to #449917)
Subject: Re: Wanted - Forward Look Project Car

Expert

I still have my 64 NewYorker Salon for sale. It's a 4dr hardtop. Project car.
I'm about 80% sure I'll have to cut it up for parts on another car if it doesn't sell in the mean time. But I'd rather see it go and being enjoyed and used as a complete car.
This car is eating storage money and after so many years in storage and not being able to sell it, it becomes more and more tempting to cut it up.

Although this is not worth it to actually restore. Rebuild and drive, yes. Restoring, no.

Briz
Posted 2014-08-02 9:10 AM (#451376 - in reply to #449917)

Regular

Ian; Hate to do it, but I'm thinking of moving my '57 Chrysler project on. Want £4K. Shedloads of stuff including everything to build a 354 hemi. Getting too old to be under old cars. Cant believe I'm writing this!
Beltran
Posted 2014-08-02 4:35 PM (#451404 - in reply to #449917)

Expert

sent you a PM Ian.
dgubby
Posted 2014-09-09 5:27 AM (#455733 - in reply to #449917)
Subject: RE: Wanted - Forward Look Project Car

New User

Hi Ian,

I have a 1958 Plymouth Belvedere sports sedan (4 door pillarless hardtop). It was in primer, ready to paint and fit back several years ago, then she got left outside under a tarp for 5+ years.

All import paperwork with her, but not uk registered.

As you will know MOT and TAX exempt.

Since rescuing it 2 years ago, I've had it taken back to bare metal, all underside repainted (red), internal floor too, dashboard and roof refinished (red with white roof) and under hood/in trunk in chassis black (as is chassis). Rest is in red oxide, ready for final rub down, scrath filling and paint. all chrome is there, both bumpers (not perfect, but not awful) lamps, jewelry, seats all there and many new parts in boxes. The engine/box is sat in it and turns freely, but needs a gearbox mount.

All parts there to finish it, except:

Exhaust
Gas tank (have straps tho)
carpet
headlining
Seats need some repair, or covers
Distributor cap/leads/plugs
Battery
Transmission mounting.

Has loads of new parts with it, in Mopar boxes including:

Full set of bushes
Full set of locks/keys (matching)
lenses
brake repair kits. etc, etc.

It rolls on its wheels, no brakes, but will need to be trailered away, as the tyres (although holding air) are perished.

A very solid car, but to be honest, not my thing - I generally play with british classics or VW campers.

I could carry on nibbling away at it and in a few months or so of weekends have a very good (almost) Christine. but at the moment, before the winter arrives I'd let it go to get a project that I prefer and can fit inside my workshop (she's a big girl!).

It owes me several thousand pounds, I see they make lots of money when they are fully done, but without "mugging it away", I'd take a sensible offer, or do a deal with a classic as mentioned above, but nothing rusty!.

Or even a totally ready to go 1970's yank .

If you're genuinely interested please PM me.

Cheers - Dave

Ian
Posted 2014-11-14 10:18 AM (#461811 - in reply to #449917)
Subject: RE: Wanted - Forward Look Project Car

My mate is no longer looking but I could be in the market for another Coupe if there are any around. Project or driver.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)