The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electronic volt reg compatibility with alt?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Electrical, Battery and ChargingMessage format

rushpowersystems
Posted 2014-07-21 10:53 AM (#449875 - in reply to #448844)
Subject: Re: Electronic volt reg compatibility with alt?

Extreme Veteran

Well thank you for your opinion but it would be better if you read the entire post. Over the years I have had a lot of customers come to me after spending money they did not need to spend and in some cases making a minor situation worse due to bad advice they received on the internet.

You look at this thread, there was no attitude or arrogance until the 12:44PM post on 7/20 by 59dodge. I will poke fun at someone when i mocked for one of my posts, but I will not sit by when someone gives out false or bad advice, especially someone who completely contradicts himself in the second post on this thread:
http://forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=53683&post...

So it is clear that he knows what he is posting is wrong, but posted it anyway, do you have a problem with that? Which is worse arrogance or wrong and bad advice? Would you rather someone sit back and let someone else give you bad advice? Would you be annoyed when you later found out that they knew better and you spent time and money on the bad advice?

Fact is, if I don’t know about something I keep my mouth shut because I would never want to give someone bad advice, if this were Jeep, Chevelle, turbo performance, or other topics that I know quite a bit of info on I would be much more active. However “The Forward Look” is a new world to me. To be honest I don’t really get why it is called that or why it is some years and not others and I have not had the time, or burning desire, to go find out why.

So bottom line is when people give out bad and incorrect advice I will point it out, and if they are snarky and acting like a jerk at the same time I will respond in kind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rushpowersystems
Posted 2014-07-21 10:56 AM (#449876 - in reply to #449826)

Extreme Veteran

ttotired - 2014-07-20 9:02 PM Na, I expect we will now end up with the european and japanese cars and possibly the US larger cars. We already get that to some extent, really goes for all the makes as our car (manufacturing) industry dies My work vehicle is a Falcon ute with a big box on the back, thats pretty close to its time for replacement and I am a bit pieved about it because I wanted to keep the box and transfer it to a new falcon, this isnt going to happen now, so I am going to have to hang on to the car a bit longer while I work out if I can put it on a nissan patrol or landcruiser cab/chassis Just another fly in the ointment, keeps running a business interesting Oh, by the way, the F trucks are to big, thats why I havnt concidered one of them

American cars and trucks are not too big, the rest of the world’s roads are too small. Why on earth did you not fix the small roads when you kicked out the prison guards?   

ttotired
Posted 2014-07-21 5:29 PM (#449941 - in reply to #448844)

Expert 5K+

Its not the roads that are to small, its me, I cant reach into the middleof those f truck trays, anything that wandered over there would become part of the truck, untill I climbed into the thing to get it.

The other problem is you guys over there persist in putting the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car, if you would just build the things properly, it would save a lot of hassle when they get over here

rushpowersystems
Posted 2014-07-21 5:48 PM (#449945 - in reply to #448844)

Extreme Veteran

Our steering wheel is on the correct side because our roads go the correct direction, another bad habit you guys picked up from the Brits. For things that make it to the center of the truck we have something called a snow scraper, also works well for moving things around in the bed of the truck, think of it like a small broom on a stick, or you can just turn a corner fast.
ttotired
Posted 2014-07-21 5:58 PM (#449947 - in reply to #448844)

Expert 5K+

Our roads go in the right direction, I always seem to find my way to where I am going

Height (of the vehicle, not me) is a concern as well as I sometimes have to attend breakdowns in underground car parks (2.2mtr clearance), just a totally inpracticle car (for me)

Bit like one of those airport limos, would love one, think there really cool, but what the heck would I do with it

Oh, by the way, if it aint right (hand drive), its wrong

Edited by ttotired 2014-07-21 6:00 PM
rushpowersystems
Posted 2014-07-21 6:28 PM (#449950 - in reply to #448844)

Extreme Veteran

Well I would love to tell you how wrong you are but the thread police will come after me, this has gone off in a strange direction. BTW, I don’t know what 2.2 mtr. Is, use feet like the rest of the civilized world.
ttotired
Posted 2014-07-21 6:41 PM (#449952 - in reply to #448844)

Expert 5K+

Feet and inches is so old school, us backwards Aussies switched to the much better and easier to understand metric system almost 50 years ago.

To be brutally honest, I dont know if the US is the only place left where imperial measurement is still the standard or not?

So it dont keep you up at night, 2.2 mtrs is 7' 2.5"

Oh, we could get back to thermodynamics of an alternator or wire cross sections vs resistance ect, but this is more fun

rushpowersystems
Posted 2014-07-21 7:21 PM (#449959 - in reply to #448844)

Extreme Veteran

I would have slept just fine without that info. I think the US is the last little corner of sanity in the world. Although I will admit I use MM over inch it is much easier.

As long as we have hi-jacked this we could discuss how Hollywood decided you guys messed up on the first 3 Mad Max shows and they are going to fix it with a fourth. Or how dose is work, I can have a shot gun but not a hand gun? How do I protect my baby from dingoes and other stereotypes?
ttotired
Posted 2014-07-21 7:46 PM (#449962 - in reply to #448844)

Expert 5K+

They desimated the dingo,s with 10/80 (poison), very rarely seen until you go out in the scrub, but they are very shy animals blah blah

Mad Max 1 and 2 were great, 3 (when they tried to appeal to the US market more) was rubbish, went from a car movie to weird crap

Bit like rambo1, was great until the speach at the end

I think the alternator problem is solved, but Bad58Mike is welcome to reclaim it

And your not going to draw me into another gun debate not in that kind of mood today (still early here), no one has pieved me yet (but theres still time)

rushpowersystems
Posted 2014-07-21 10:26 PM (#449977 - in reply to #448844)

Extreme Veteran

How about we just say I am right but you win. Kidding aside I really have thought of moving there. I actually have more sales from Australia than here in Utah. I do notice that you guys have a much better sense of humor, only problem I have ever had when I confused a Ford with a Holden, it got ugly.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)