The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1960 DeSoto helpful hints
Moderators: Forward Look Frank

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Maryland RegionMessage format

ez2c
Posted 2013-12-30 6:59 AM (#419237)
Subject: 1960 DeSoto helpful hints

Regular

I want to remove and refresh the dash on my 1960 DeSoto over the winter months. does anyone have any pictures to share from working on their dash?

the shop manual is of limited value.

cheers, tom, hampstead MD

(DSCN3960.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN3960.JPG (80KB - 741 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ttotired
Posted 2013-12-30 9:10 AM (#419246 - in reply to #419237)
Subject: Re: 1960 DeSoto helpful hints

Expert 5K+

Are you talking about the entire dash?

Its a pretty big job (60 dodge with a 60 plymouth dash, but they are all simarly mounted)

Steering column down or the jacket off, there are small bracing rods around the pedal box that have to come off, all the cales and vacuum lines off, wiring off (hint here, remove the headlight switch and wiper switch ect and put the wires back onto them so you dont forget how they go and lable any that dont get re attatched to something, I use masking tape)

The trim around the inside of the windscreen, then tou will see the screws that attatch the dash to the cowl and there are 2 bolts (1 each side) down near the kick panel (another hint, try to put all the screws and bolts back in the holes/threads they came out of, or tape them to there places)

Take a thousand photos with a good camera so you can enlage the photo to look at details if you need to

If you havnt had a look yet, have a look at my build thread thing, the last page has abit on the dash and wiring (might help)

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=38117&...

You will see that I had the wiring still attatched to the dash while it was out, to do that, you have to pull almost all (the engine wiring should unplug) the engine bay wiring out (headlights, idicators, horns ect) and there is a plug behind the l/h kick panel for the rear wiring harness to undo.

Probably forgot a few bits, but this should be enough info to get you into trouble

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)