The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

58Donnie & "Plymouth Rock"
Moderators: Nathan D. Manning, My57Saratoga

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Volunteer State RegionMessage format

Nathan D. Manning
Posted 2008-04-10 7:20 PM (#124645)
Subject: 58Donnie & "Plymouth Rock"

A fellow car enthusiast needs our help...

Paramedic Donnie Taylor works daily to make a difference in the lives of others. When he's not on the job with Grainger County (Tennessee) EMS, Donnie can be found in his home garage... working tirelessly on numerous restoration projects for himself and others.

Donnie is particularly fond of the '55-'61 "ForwardLook Era" MoPars. In fact, he drives a 1958 Plymouth "Christine" clone which he built from the ground up.

Donnie's love for these vehicles led him to start a home-based restoration business on the side. From the beginning, his goal has been to offer high-quality work for an affordable price. He had even broken ground on a new building, affectionately called "Plymouth Rock."

Until construction on "Plymouth Rock" was complete, Donnie had planned to continue working from his small workshop. Everything seemed to be going well...

That all changed on March 29th... when a devastating fire broke out in Donnie's workshop; destroying the building, along with all of his tools, and a car he had been working on for a customer.

Donnie estimates the fire damages at approximately $41,000... Meanwhile, his insurance company will pay only $18,000 toward the loss.

A few organizations have volunteered to help Donnie get back on his feet. In addition, many of us here at the "ForwardLook Network" have stepped in to lend a helping hand. We are hoping to gather various tools, gift cards, in-kind services, or other tangible means of support.

With your assistance, we can keep Donnie's business from falling through the cracks. After all, it's getting harder to find quality work for an affordable price these days.

Guys like Donnie are a true asset to our hobby... and I hope your organization will be able to help in some way. If you wish to make a contribution, here is Donnie's contact information:

Donnie Taylor
2560 Cool Branch Road
Thorn Hill, TN 37881
porsche65@yahoo.com

To view photos from the fire... please see the following link:
http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/OverHomeClassics/Fire/
To find out more about Donnie's grass-roots business effort (And see some of his work)... see the following link:
http://forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17268&star...

Thank You for your time and concern.

Attention ForwardLook MEMBERS:

A *NEW* area has been established to view announcements and coordinate relief efforts for 58Donnie.

After logging-in, make sure to look for the PLYMOUTH ROCK thread near the top of the Forums.
(It's easy to see... There's a little flaming envelope beside it.)

Hank Dozier (DeSotoHead), Bart Gaffney (Barts_59_Dodge), and I have been working together to keep relief efforts flowing as smoothly as possible.

If you'd like to lend a hand with any part of this operation, please do so by posting in this new section of our board.
Meanwhile, please keep 58Donnie in your thoughts and prayers as he works to rebuild and recover.

The true spirit of ForwardLook Network can be seen through this Family In Fins.
Any and all support is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Nathan D. Manning

(Thank_You_For_Your_Support!.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Thank_You_For_Your_Support!.jpg (21KB - 921 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
57PlymouthNC
Posted 2008-05-09 8:25 PM (#129298 - in reply to #124645)
Subject: Re: 58Donnie & "Plymouth Rock"

Extreme Veteran

Nathan and other folks-----
It might be helpful to get the word out at the Memory Lane show, since that's a local Tennessee event, and I'm guessing many people there might know Donnie and his work...? Ditto the Chattanooga show?
I will be at Memory Lane, and can help out, if anyone can think of ideas, such as flyers ? (on windshields? People could put large, visible flyers on their OWN car windshields at the show, to get the word out, if "leafletting" is not kewl to do there). Maybe a giant "tip jar" with a poster, photos, explaining the fund drive? Other ideas?
I won't have a car at the show ("Edna Christine" is waiting for the engine-rebuilder to diagnose and fix some cylinder problem that arose after the newly rebuilt 318 was installed, before we could even get her on the road...). So I won't have any "attention-getting" vehicle there to set up a jar/poster next to. But I can help out with advance preparations, printing something up, spreading the word at the show, whatever is needed.... .

Sam
Nathan D. Manning
Posted 2008-05-10 8:28 AM (#129359 - in reply to #124645)

Not sure if that will fly, Sam...

I believe all of the funds raised at Memory Lane are earmarked for charity already...
That could mean that organizers would frown on any "other" fundraisers that would piggy-back off their event.

I'll try to call Otis & Kathy this week to see what they have to say... but ultimately, the decision lies with the RandomRods people.

Thanks for the idea, though. See you at the show!
-NM
57PlymouthNC
Posted 2008-05-11 11:45 AM (#129516 - in reply to #129359)

Extreme Veteran

That makes sense. If they said yes to this (or looked the other way and didn't say anything at all), I can see how it could lead to everyone setting up their own "charity"---- a sea of "jars and posters" potentially marring the event as well.

I believe all of the funds raised at Memory Lane are earmarked for charity already...
That could mean that organizers would frown on any "other" fundraisers that would piggy-back off their event...

-NM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)