The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

58 Plymouth... on Ebay
Moderators: Ian, Rebels-59

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> United Kingdom RegionMessage format

Rebels-59
Posted 2008-01-02 1:09 PM (#109339)
Subject: 58 Plymouth... on Ebay

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140194860...

I am sure this is TERRYs as it is the UK Promo CAR..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rebels-59
Posted 2008-01-02 2:38 PM (#109362 - in reply to #109339)
Subject: Re: 58 Plymouth... on Ebay

you can call me on 07788 544096 for whatever reason, to discuss the car, the price ive advertised the car at is above what it owes me and not necersarily the sale price ( it may be cheaper ) but rather a figure that reflects genuine market price for this classic.

the car is a belvedere not a genuine fury, it was a fury in the film, if it were a fury i would have it restored to its former glory as that is cociderably more desirable than any other plymouth, the car is a 1958, each plymouth was different for each yr of manufactor so there is no mistaking the model yr, 57 was different and so was a 59 so there is no confusion of year.

hi welcome to my auction.

the sale of this car i find a little hard, i spent a long time trying to find a christine car and never thought for a minute i would find the uk promo christine movie car that was used to launch the film in the uk.

this car is very well known and documented, with a history that you simply couldnt make up, i have magazine articles, featured in several of those, a tracable history back to 1963, photographic history for yrs back.

the plymouth club knows of this car and it has been featured several times on tv and in comercials and recently used in a film comercial to luanch a sky movies channel. i have photo's of this event as i attended the event myself.

it was used in a spider man comercial and frank bruno used the car in a tv add and and it was also featured on daytime tv yrs ago.

i have pictures of the original owner ( barny vettiger ) sitting on the car with stephen king outside the london film studios on the day of launch of the film.

the car disapeared for a few yrs, it was burried in a barn in the new forest, after finding the car and eventualy agreeing a sale price i purchased the car and all its history.

i spent a little time on the car getting it roadworthy, which included redoing all the breaks and changed the carb and some suspension bushes, it did get a mot for the car and drove it around for a while.

it did attend a couple of shows towards the end of 06, the last two pics are pictures of the car as it stands at the show.

all the rest are pics that were taken when i drove it to my parents palce, on the way home she developed an oil leak from the transmission being the gearbox.

it started to lose drive now and again and since it was the end of the summer and no more shows to go to it was taken off the road and thats where it stayed.

a lot is wrong with the car, ie the interior seats are not correct but you have to remember the last time this car had any form of restoration was when the car was prepared for the film launch, now that is back in the 80's, it hasnt been touched since.

because of this there was no such thing as the internet or ebay, so parts were simply sourced from what was around and so many parts were wrong.

however for the last 2 yrs ive done noting else other than collect the correct parts for the car, and i have a few, from engine parts, new gearbox, trim parts, suspension parts, chrome parts including bumper wings, interior parts, the correct seats for front and rear, original unused radio, correct dash and a genuine 150 pmph plymouthfury speedo, i purchased power steering set which will be here in 10 days time, and so on, cant remember everything.

i havent touched the car since end of 06, at that time i started to remove the from end in orderto start a restoration of the car but then we moved and relocated, i had intened to build a workshop to d the restoration but my situation has changed and no longer have the time or monies to complete the car.

i have removed the front grill etc but have loosly put the parts back on in order to move the car when we moved home.

she starts everytime first time, the engine is real sweet, the gearbox still works although it takes time to engage but once enaged works ok, not brillaint but i still drive her round my feild now and again, i only use the hand brake when i need to stop simply because the brakes will need going over agian, they lock on and take ages to free up, i had all the shoes relinged and never liked the performance of the brakes and was going to convert to a dsick brake, the car is known as the christine car and so far removed from original spec that upgrading to disc brakes wasnt going to ruin the cars apeal, if anything it would enable you to drive the car knowing you would stop quickly and in a straight line.

the body work itself isnt to bad and concidering it hasnt been touched for 25 yrs im suprised its holding up, sure its a little ripply in places but its all one colour and not coroded beyond belief, that isnt to say that parts dont require attention but i was very suprised to see how solid it is.

it has had some floor pans replaced whos welding can only be described as birds poo, but its together and doesnt prevent you from using the car, it comes down to how far you want to go with the car as to how much of a restoration you would want to do.

you could simply replace the gearbox with the new one, overhaul the brakes and touch up th ebody here and there and the car is usable.

it is a reluctant sale but everytime i reframe from selling it just sits there and does nothing but get worse.

i welcome any ?'s you may have, and i am open to sensible offers.

now the car is sitting up a dirt track at the back of my farm which isnt very easily passable at this time of yr, i am willing to get the car out but this will take some effort to make the road passable, but im not prepared to do this for timewasters.

i have put a reserve on the car but offers will be concidered and sensible ones at that only. i would concider selling the car without the parts ive bought as there is conciderable money in those but i am looking to recover all the costs of the car and the parts ive bought.

thanks for looking

you can contact me on 07788 544096

ps i must stress the car does not look like it does in the pics now, it needs a good clean basicly which i may do. but that is what the car looked like after i cleaned her last time.
Rebels-59
Posted 2008-01-02 2:38 PM (#109363 - in reply to #109339)
Subject: RE: 58 Plymouth... on Ebay

PIC,s

(37.JPG)

(38.JPG)

(39.JPG)

(40.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 37.JPG (26KB - 225 downloads)
Attachments 38.JPG (26KB - 215 downloads)
Attachments 39.JPG (25KB - 237 downloads)
Attachments 40.JPG (24KB - 215 downloads)
Rebels-59
Posted 2008-01-02 2:39 PM (#109364 - in reply to #109363)
Subject: RE: 58 Plymouth... on Ebay

(41.JPG)

(42.JPG)

(43.JPG)

(44.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 41.JPG (25KB - 214 downloads)
Attachments 42.JPG (28KB - 210 downloads)
Attachments 43.JPG (25KB - 215 downloads)
Attachments 44.JPG (25KB - 226 downloads)
furiousbassman
Posted 2008-01-02 5:05 PM (#109391 - in reply to #109339)
Subject: Re: 58 Plymouth... on Ebay

Veteran

BUY IT CLEAVE BUY IT NOW LOL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)