The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

my location
Moderators: Administrator

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Pittsburgh RegionMessage format

alumcanTandThd
Posted 2004-01-29 1:42 PM (#460)
Subject: my location

Wise Old Village Idiot

Fearless knows where I live. Dellslow, West Virginia. Just outside of Morgantown.
A hop-skip-and-a-jump off of I-68.
To those who have traveled East (only) on 68, towards Cumberland Md, crossed the big Cheat Lake bridge, and looked down and saw an old iron bridge real close to the water, well you cross that bridg and go up in there. That is where I live.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DeSotohead
Posted 2004-01-29 2:31 PM (#462 - in reply to #460)
Subject: RE: my location

Board Moderator

CanMan....

Hells Bells! I went that way to Virginia for Cristmas with the step-daughter-in-law last year.
I know EXACTLY what bridge you are talking about.

Next time I go that way, maybe I can hook up with you. Have to talk the wife into it.
She gets scared of rabid old car guys, especially old, ugly ones that claim to be bikers!

Might have to convince her your wife has redeeming qualities other than pullin' the plow and fixing tractor diffs.

Have a good one.

Hank
Adam_Aussie
Posted 2004-03-06 4:55 AM (#2284 - in reply to #460)

You have to be very worried about anyone who has a Funeral Car (Hearse).. Lets hope it aint your daily driver??.. Hang on, my last car was an Ex Ambulance, so what does that say about me??..

Adam - Adelaide, South Australia
alumcanTandThd
Posted 2004-03-06 10:58 AM (#2290 - in reply to #460)

Wise Old Village Idiot

No daily driver Adam, just for show.

(50's fest2 3.jpg)

(50's fest2 4.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 50's fest2 3.jpg (78KB - 962 downloads)
Attachments 50's fest2 4.jpg (71KB - 952 downloads)
Kelly
Posted 2004-03-09 2:22 PM (#2453 - in reply to #460)
Subject: talking about hearses...

Veteran

Have you guys ever seen a Mercury Marquis hearse? I saw one last week. Why go through all the trouble to hack up a merc when you can hack up a lincoln?
Daven Anderson
Posted 2004-03-12 12:08 AM (#2554 - in reply to #2453)
Subject: RE: talking about hearses...

Extreme Veteran

I've seen a (91-93) Chevy Caprice hearse (the 91-93 Caprices have low rear wheel cutouts),
looked like Superior, and it was white, to boot! Wish I'd had my camera (this was a few years ago).
alumcanTandThd
Posted 2004-03-12 5:27 AM (#2558 - in reply to #460)

Wise Old Village Idiot

Hey Einstine. 'member ALL those FwdLk and Mopar Hearse pictures I had/have? I had Fearless/you/somebody, post them over on the old site?
Well, I just sent Kelly three pages of those Hearse pictures.
Only I couldn't find the '55 Chevy Hearse picture, or the '53 or 4 Chrysler Hearse that was on E-bay several years ago.
Another Hearse picture I had, but couldn't find, was a '41 Plymouth Hearse.
I gave him the biggest Hearse site on the net, www.hearsedriver.com
One of the song writers on that site, E. J. (I think) Wells, wrote a song and CD'ed, it but something about the release problems, he gave a copy to my daughter. One verse in there I like.
"Well, I sure look good between the flags on the hood of a long black Cadillac. I drive a Hearse. It could be worse. I could be riding in the back!"
Kelly. Bring up Google, then type in 'Hearse' There are more clubs (mostly on the west coast) for Hearses than you can shake a old wooden casket at!
The guy out in Einstine's town, that's prez of the 'Denver Hearse Assoc' is quite a colorful looking,,,,,,well,,,,how would you describe him Einstine? Creature? Very NICE to talk to and everything, but,,,,whew! The whole time we were talking, I wanted to touch one of his foot long hair spikes, to see if would acutally poke a hole in my finger.
I bidded (went too high for me) here recently Einstine, on one of those '91 2, Buick Roadmaster Superior Hearses. Black with Maroon interior. It has the weird looking rear wheel opening also. I got a pr of skirts to fit those 'Jelly-Bean' shaped Caprices and Buicks.
Odd, that low end Chevy and Buick changed form the 'brick' shaped body style over to the new one in '91. But It wasn't untill '93 that Cadillac changed it's style.
That Bucik bidded and sold, for more than TWICE what I bidded for the 'outdated' body style, but lower milage Cad.
nmacarthur
Posted 2004-05-02 1:37 PM (#5331 - in reply to #2558)

New User

I came across your comment when doing a search on google. I happen to be the owner of that 1953 chrysler new yorker hearse. I originally saw it on auction on ebay over 2 years ago. I was outbidded, but it so happened that the winning bidder's wife found out about the recent purchase and the husband asked the seller if he could get out of the auction. I was the next in line so that's how I got that hearse. I'm currently restoring it now. I've had the body and paint work done and it's currently having a padded vinyl roof put on. The engine is on it's way to being restored.

As for the hearse owner you mention out in Denver, yeah - he seems to be an interesting character. I read his Live journal every now and then.
alumcanTandThd
Posted 2004-05-03 12:48 PM (#5394 - in reply to #460)

Wise Old Village Idiot

You didn't fill out your location thing, in the 'member's profile' section. Where are you located? Don't be afraid. Even though there are some 'weird' ones on here. None are not really dangerious, when they are let out of their cages.
So YOU were able to get that NYer!? ALLRIGHT!
Our '91 was the same as yours! High bidder skipped out, and I was, like you, second bidder. Plus, it was advertised as having 51K miles. But, when a bidder did a carfax on the VIN, it came up the coach had 151K miles! Most of the bidders didn't want to bid because of that information. (I know it's almost impossible for a 10 yeard old Funeral coach to get a 100K miles!) Ours was used for a short time at 'ground zero'
Have you traced the production #'s yet? Is that Coach the ONLY remaining example?
I can't remember your manifacture. Superior, or S and S?
How much is that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ large of a vinyl top for that thing gonna cost!!!!!!!??
People say I had/have a virus that came in and 'ate' a whole slew of my saved jokes/pictures(including that ebay of your's).
Even though it's a couple of years older than what this site caters to, '55-'61. POST some pictures!
There are a couple on here would very much like to be able to find a FwdLk year(s) Hearse to use for their business advertisment!
When it's done, you gonna take to to Carlisle?
nmacarthur
Posted 2004-05-04 12:48 PM (#5433 - in reply to #5394)

New User

I'm in Hollywood, Fl. I'd say that from the ebay description, nearly all the info on this hearse is accurate. The only thing that was debatable is the amount of time and money really needed to get this beast restored. Sure, a few hours of TLC to get it started, but more like a year or so to get it restored. This poor thing sat in his yard, tires flat, rocker panels completely rusted out, with a tarp over it. That ruined the paint completely. Good thing is is the body was in great shape. The interior wasn't though and all the wires are bad. Oh yes, and somewhere along the line of owners, someone thought it would be a good idea to weld a hitch to the rear.

As for the vinyl, I had a few estimates and the best was for $975 for a thick padding, a patterned black vinyl top and for them to reinstall the chrome hardware around the vinyl. Getting this for under a grand is a good deal.

I'm sure once I have it road worthy, I'll look into hearse and professional car shows. I don't think I can make the one up in Daytona Beach at the end of July. I figure next year will be good both on the hearse and my finances.

Another thing we're currently working on is recasting some of the original chrome pieces. As those of you who are restoring know - this is expensive. So we've cleaned up the originals and are getting ready to cast it in a wax for the positive. Then I'll submit it to a local foundry to have it cast in aluminum and then chromed. So far the costs for this has been cheap. I'll post the cost to have a new metal trim piece made. Of course this is an option to replace badly pitted chrome pieces that can't be found or rechromed

Nicole

By the way, this '53 chrysler new yorker was the only one made along with one ambulance. I checked with the chrysler museum up in Detroit. The coach company was called Economy coach and they were in business from 1951 to 1953.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)