The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OE colour for 56 Dodge Hood Ornament hardware
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

56D500boy
Posted 2018-10-10 8:04 PM (#571460)
Subject: OE colour for 56 Dodge Hood Ornament hardware

Expert 5K+

As I move towards finalizing the painting of my 56 Dodge hood (for this year at least), I need to decide about the painting of the hardware that holds the hood ornament to the hood.

Current situation (yesterday):

There are eight attachment points for the hood ornament. Four with big "cup" washers and four with smaller washers. Luckily I had a previous photo of the bottom side of the hood showing the rusty hardware and where everything goes. I took it all off over a week ago and the hardware has been steeping in RustAway (or whatever it is (green liquid)) until this afternoon. I've wire brushed it, sanded the big bits (220 grit) and dried everything. Now I need to decide on the paint: Tremclad Semi-gloss black or Tremclad Aluminum (both rust paints). (I am leaning towards the Aluminum but am open to hearing suggestions).

Before photo (from my air scoop thread) - good thing because I almost forgot which fastener went where:

(PS: I think that the underside of the hood should was light blue when it left the factory - and it might get repainted from black to light blue - but not this year.)

Edited by 56D500boy 2018-10-10 8:08 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)