The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Valve Adjustment
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

furvedere
Posted 2024-04-24 1:19 PM (#634864)
Subject: Valve Adjustment

Veteran

Years ago, I had a 57 Plymouth Belvedere with a 301. When I bought it, it was running very rough. Now I have a 62 Plymouth belvedere with a 318 and it’s running just as rough. I had an old friend back then…he told me over the phone how to adjust the valves/rocker arms. I remember removing the valve covers and one by one using metal feeler gauges to set proper clearance for all the intakes and all the exhausts. And if I remember right one was at .019” and the other was at .012” but I forget the details. I did it while the engine was running and the outcome was fantastic. I want to do the same with my 62 poly 318 but I don’t remember the details. Can anyone here describe in detail to me what to do…like which one is the exhaust valve/what clearance does that get…which one is the intake valve and what clearance does that get…any and all info. would be much appreciated. Thank you, Bob.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
57chizler
Posted 2024-04-24 2:21 PM (#634866 - in reply to #634864)
Subject: RE: Valve Adjustment

Expert

The '62 hot valve clearances are .010" Intake and .018" Exhaust. Doing it running can be messy, if you want to do it without running, the chart below will help.

(Valve Lash.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Valve Lash.jpg (53KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)