The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bring home my 58 Belvedere tomorrow
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

mikes2nd
Posted 2014-04-06 1:35 AM (#434726)
Subject: Bring home my 58 Belvedere tomorrow

Expert 5K+

Okay the car is pretty beat but it comes with a lot of parts.

I think I get 3 deluxe steering wheels with it, two sets of bumpers, a good shape dash, interior mostly shot and more... floor pans are gone, trunk probably... its got a 313 poly... it doesn't make sense to try to restore it back to factory its that far gone.

I really really don't want to Christine it. It was gold and white.

Anyways seeing how I am kind of a pro touring guy... I was considering throwing a SRT-8 setup in it.

So Christine RT? Belvedere SRT?

Its going to take me 6 months before I get to this project so I am just starting to collect parts like the guy who owned it before me.

I should take up a donation to not Christine it You guys seem to hate the red/white scheme.

I was really thinking the new chrysler tequila sunrise/White scheme, but then idiots tell me "dude if your pro touring it, you almost have to Christine it"... and I roll my eyes.

here is tequila sunrise http://tagore.drivingforceauto.com/sitemedia/1785/ecarphoto/651408/...

I am finishing up a Pro Touring 70 GTO, with an LS3, Custom frame, Corvette C6 front end, Z06 brakes, Ford GT Cobra rear end, and a 2004 GTO interior in it... yes I am insane...

I have some history with Forward Looks, my dad had a 57 Crown Royal he bought new and then got a 59 Belv with the Golden Commando... neither of them survived though... I am going to hunt down some pics.

I go "why didn't you get the fury omg!" and he replies... "That's all they had on the lot..." im like arg!

My mother got a ticket doing 105 on the PA turnpike in the 59 though, cop had to catch her at the turnpike exit when she had to stop to pay the toll... Her excuse was she thought he was after someone else and she had to get home before Lawsons closed

Edited by mikes2nd 2014-04-06 1:40 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigBlockMopar
Posted 2014-04-06 6:09 AM (#434736 - in reply to #434726)
Subject: Re: Bring home my 58 Belvedere tomorrow

Expert

I say Do it.
But I would do it tastefully and with respect to the car's styling and age.
What's your age?
I'm no restorer myself and not afraid to improve or modify things to get them to work, but I usually try to go the trouble to install (Chrysler) parts, and maybe most of all, keep it under the skin of the car.
Personally, I've never seen a newer, stock interior in an old car that I liked. The tastelessness of a modern interior in an old car usually almost makes me puke...
If most of the mods on the car can be done nicely and still make the car's appearance (outside, interior and dash) look like it could belong on the car, I'm all for it.
db300
Posted 2014-04-06 9:33 AM (#434748 - in reply to #434726)
Subject: Re: Bring home my 58 Belvedere tomorrow

Extreme Veteran

I'd agree with Herman: stock trim and interior. Nothing looks worse or more dated than digital dashes and newer interiors.....IMHO
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)