Vote for The Forward Look Network on the Mopar Top 100 Sites 

Use of 727 requires '62-up crankshaft

From: Daven Anderson
Email: 1961fury>at<
Remote Name:
Date: January 11, 2004


Simple: Install a 1962-up 361 or 383 crank in the 1961 361 engine block, then you can install the 1962 727 in this car. (OR swap in any B engine with a '62-up crankshaft). Since 1962 is the year that all Mopar passenger car V8 crankshaft flanges changed (in length and bolt pattern), this IS the easiest way to use this transmission in that car! It is possible to machine a custom spacer that will adapt a 62-up trans. to a pre-62 V8, but this would cost more than the '62-up crankshaft. Too bad for you that it's not a poly 318, then you could use an early Hemi-to-727 adapter from (sorry, I know of no premade spacers for '58-61 B engines to 727's, they have to be custom CNC pieces...)


Last changed: July 19, 2018