Vote for The Forward Look Network on the Mopar Top 100 Sites 

Re: Canadian poly

From: Hank Dozier
Remote Name:
Date: October 08, 2002


If the engine is a 331 (e.g. - Chrysler block), then you can turn it into a hemi. You will be able to quickly tell by the valley cover . If it has one, it is a hemi block. If you measure the head bolt spacing versus that C68 New Yorker you have, they should be the same. Then all you need are correct headbolts, pushrods, rocker assemblies and of course heads. Since it is a poly, it has to be at least 1955, so it has the correct water crossover T-stat setup. Since you say it is a 331, it has to be at least a 1956 engine, and those shared a common block casting with the 354 hemi engine, so you have enough cylinder wall meat to bore to 354.


Last changed: July 19, 2018