'62-64 A-727 is the perfect choice

From: Daven Anderson
Email: l96lfury@springmail.com
Date: December 01, 2001


Here I am,Brian! I presume your car has Torqueflite (3-speed) dash buttons,you would need those. The A-727 you need can be found in any '62-64 B-body 318 automatic car. The shifter cable will hook right up! You will need to come up with a new parking brake setup,since the A-727 does not have the driveshaft parking brake. In most cases like this you should swap to a later C or E body rearend and use its parking brakes. The later rearend is easier to service and you can find brake drums for it! Also,you shouldn't pay a premium for a 'police' 360 if you're going to rebuild the regular 360 with better parts than what the police 360 had inside! Just get a good condition engine to build...