Usually the turn signal cam slips out of place,not "broken"

From: Daven Anderson
Email: l96lfury@springmail.com
Date: October 06, 2001


I have had 4 '61 Plymouths and 2 '60 Plymouths,and I have had the turn signal cam slip out of place on EVERY one of them!! It's a metal part,I've never seen one broken (unlike the '62-up plastic ones). Usually the horn honks randomly when the cam slips out,and usually the cam slips out on a close-to-full-lock left turn. You have to remove the steering wheel and put the cam back in place, that's all there is to it! Yes it's a royal pain, but it does happen on GM's and Ford of this vintage also. (I'd say the '60-61 Dod/Plys. are about the 'worst' for this occuring!)