Re: My 2014 USA trip

Yes, your are logical people for me to go see when I'm there. And Bill, you know I wouldn't miss out on seeing you and Kathi again. Justin locked himself in his house in March (with his wife, of course) and orders his groceries over the net then goes and reverses up to the loading place and flicks the trunk open so they can put them in for him. Otherwise he only gets gas once a month or so and works from home. The Covid numbers there are staggering, your population at 6.7 million is about the same as our state of Victoria with 6.4 million and it is the worst hit state here, they've had about 20,500 cases and 820 deaths, Indiana stands at 643,000 cases and 12,000 deaths.

Queensland, just over 5 million population, has had 1,316 cases and six deaths. So you can see why I'm waiting a while to make this trip.

On that 2014 trip I didn't get to Ohio, where I really wanted to see Don Gallimore, then when I went through that way in 2016 I had big problems with carburetion on the van and couldn't afford the time to stop. So he's another I'd like to catch up with.

Gary, I did go to San Diego in 2014, by that time I was pretty beat and I was down there to see an old friend from Adelaide. And then it was all a rush to get the pickup loaded with goodies to the shipping company. And what you say about 'great pictures' of my last trip, I really did enjoy the three days I spent circumnavigating Colorado. After six weeks seeing 21 countries in Europe and all the other places I'd been, that topped the lot. So when I'm making the trip I'll be putting a call out for phone numbers to contact again and see if I can do a better job of visiting people such as you and Dave.

I also want to catch up with Gary H, too, which means wandering into the wilds of Dallas as I recall...

And for the record, putting an NV4500 into an earlier van like I'm doing is a real saga. I'll have to document it somewhere, with the two main problems being the change from mechanical clutch to hydraulic and having to alter the crossmember from which the gearbox mount hangs and the mount itself without losing strength in the crossmember. In fact, the crossmember needs to be a bit beefier as the gearbox weighs 45lbs more than the A833. I'm currently more or less in the throes of building a bridge inside what will be left of it.

Ray