Re: Turn signal indicator light

I put things back together using a regular incandescent bulb in the turn signal spot.  And it worked as it should.  So somewhere in my hypothesis there was a grain of truth.  The power has to go through the flasher to work.  Since a diode will only pass current in one direction unless there is a different LED bulb out there somewhere it won't work.  So heads up to anyone trying the same upgrade forget about the turn signal bulb.  This applies only to those cars like my 63 that have a single light on the dash to indicate both left and right.  Taking it out this afternoon to check the speedo cable.

Paul L