RE: Mopar shop heaters

Neal -  I’m in Idaho with a similar-sized, insulated garage except 8’ ceilings.  I use a Comfort Zone hard-wired to a 220 outlet.  Ceiling mount with swivel and adjustable louvers mounted 2’ from garage front and mostly over the area where I work on my car.  It has 6250W or 7500W settings.  I’ve never used 7500, usually low setting on 6250.  I start it about 15 minutes before entering garage to work, and even with temps below freezing outside, I can work comfortably with long sleeve shirt and jeans.  I just make sure heat is directed to the area I’m working in.  Although I’m usually not out there for more than a couple hours at a time (old geezer syndrome, ya’ know), heater will usually cycle off during that time.  Don’t know how much it’s added to my bill, but my whole-house energy costs for gas and electricity average about $70.00/month.  These units are relatively inexpensive, I think mine was about $350.00, and I installed it myself.  Hope this helps.

Bill

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of neal zimmerman
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2020 6:22 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mopar shop heaters

yep I forgot about the moisture with propane. I had a clean burn propane heater once and it did cause moisture issues. I think its really gonna have to be electricity and just bite the bullet and pay the electrical bill. Luckily I am well insulated but still with a slab floor ( heat sink) its gonna be expensive. It is rare here to go below freezing during the day time, but still cold enuf to be unbearable.