From: 'DAVID HURD' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 3/15/19 9:33 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: First Muscle Car

Play on words.  Performance meets the litmus test.

I had a brand new 64 Goat.  It could 3-2’s with automatic the 421 heads @ 348 HP.  It could not come close to competing with an early 62 Dodge/Plymouth with 413 2-4’s Cross Ram @ 420 HP.  It took me 40 years to acquire the 62 Dodge the best me regularly at the Drag Strip.

Put it next to any GTO at a car show and no one looks at the goat as the innovative lines of the Dodge grabs all the attention.  Although I did take 2nd to a 64 GTO at a Concours de Elegance at one show because I had an aftermarket battery and hose clamps.

image1.jpeg

I have had and have the one so I know.
It’s Muscle and performance.

Fun time full time.