Re: 1963 Plymouth for sale -- rare?

I use 112 Leaded race gas from Sunoco not cheap, last year $10 per gallon so driving range is limited and with slicks on the rear there has to NO possibility of rain! But the gas is cheap compared to engine damage. If your car is an automatic try shutting it off with it still in gear, unless the curb idle is too high it should shut off without a "Run On".......not a fix but better than damaging the motor.

-----Original Message-----
From: 'DAVID HURD' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Jan 25, 2019 9:21 am
Subject: Re: 1963 Plymouth for sale -- rare?

On mine, when we rebuilt and went threw the heads with all roller rockers, we lowered the compression ratio so we could use 93 octane premium fuel.  That still was not enough.  The engine would diesel at shut off.  So I add 2 gallons of JP 109 to each tank fill up and am careful to never stab the gas peddle before shut off.  That helps.  13.5 was a bit much with today’s fuels.

David C Hurd
via iPhone

IMG_0622.JPG