RE: Welcome new member - 1965 Plymouth Satellite

Your 727 is the same as mine and every 62-65............  The speedometer pinion gear is in the tranny - at the end of the speedo cable - and easily swapped out.  Here’s a chart that might help select.  Also you can use a MPH app on your phone to check the speedometers accuracy..........

http://www.chrysler300club.com/tech/transgear/pinion.html

From: 'DavidCHurd' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 6:53 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Welcome new member - 1965 Plymouth Satellite

I’m running 3.55 Sure-grip rear diff on P255/70R15 rear tires and after talking with Robert at A&A Transmission in Camby, IN, because Rick was not in, he said they don’t make a gear for the 1962 Polara 727 Torqueflight.

He said what they do is make up a speedo cable with the corrected gear already on it.  That costs about $500.

Well, because I don’t want to break the new cable I currently have and most certainly not a $500 cable, I’ll do what they said everyone else does, by holding the Polara under 120 MPH.  The Max-Wedge is pumped up to the gills with well built components.  I will  just have live with the 10 MPH lower than indicated.

No need to spend $500 and then end up twisting it off with the force of a 600 HP motor I’m running.  Or, if I race it, disconnect the Speedo cable.

Thanks for your advice and if anyone else has other good suggestions I’m open to any of them.

David C Hurd

via iPhone