Re: Chrysler Historical Build Sheets status?

Thanks for the info , Vic
From: 'Dave64' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2018 3:46:29 PM
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse
Subject: Re: Chrysler Historical Build Sheets status?

Hey Guys,

I emailed Danielle at Chrysler Historical.  See the emails below.  Interesting that they don't charge anymore, but they also don't decode anymore, either. They never cashed either of my checks, anyway (going back to 2009), and I know other guys whose checks also went uncashed even though they received the documents. I just had Fastback Jon from the 1966-1967 Charger Registry decode and reproduce my '66 Satellite IBM punch card last month, and he did a great job.  So that's an option if all you can get from Chrysler is a copy of the card, now.  Here's Danielle's email address: danielle.szostak@xxxxxxxxxxxx  Fastback Jon's email is fastbackjon@xxxxxxxxx

Dave
'64 Belvedere

Hello Dave,

Unfortunately, we do not have the actual build cards.  These records were put on microfilm many years ago.  Nothing further was ever passed along to the archives.  We can only provide a copy from the microfilm file.

I believe the Historical Collection section of the FCA website was modified recently and our build card service may not be displayed on there at this moment.  Since the service has been changed for now, we had the order form and details taken off the site until we can offer this again.  You may pass along my email or mailing address if others are interested.  We only require a copy of the title or registration and a mailing address to send the build cards.  If anyone happens to have any questions, I would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Danielle Szostak-Viers

Historical Services

CIMS 410-11-21

12501 Chrysler Freeway

Detroit, MI 48288

Hi Danielle,

So do you send the actual build card or a copy of it like in the past?  I’ve had both of my cars decoding by you in the past, so I don’t need copies again, but I would like both of the actual cards if you have them.  Or are they on microfilm maybe?  I’m guessing it’s something like that based on the quality of the copies.

Is there a place on the website for others to contact you for this service?  I know of some other people wondering about it.

Thanks,

Dave