Selling my 1962 880 Custom - NJ

Hey guys, I'm selling my 1962 Dodge 880. I've owned it for the last 5 years but I'm more of a truck guy so I'm going to concentrate on those more instead of my cars. I'm the 3rd owner with a clean title. It's all original with a big block 361 motor and push button 727 trans. I have the original window sticker from 1962, and the original keys and keychain. I also have the original wheel covers.

The good: the car is a driver: its registered and insured and I only drive it spring-fall, never in the winter. That being said, I'm very busy and usually only take it to local shows a few times a year, or maybe take it to lunch on a nice day, so the miles are very low. When I first bought the car, it had been sitting for 19 years and needed everything mechanical to get driving again. The gas tank was boiled and a liner installed, carb was rebuilt, every single part of the brakes were either rebuilt or replaced, the radiator was repaired, new plugs/wires/cap/rotor, new white wall tires, ect. The car drives great and I've driven it to other states for cruise-ins and shows. There is no rot anywhere in the car except for a very small section at the bottom of the drivers fender. I've not modified the car in any way other than paint the original rims red.

Now the bad: the car is a driver. It would be considered a "rat rod" by some (not me). The car is always parked outside so the paint is heavily damaged. The dash is sun-baked and the seats are ravaged by UV light. The tailpipe fell off years ago. The rear springs were sagging so I turned the front torsion bars down to level the car out. There are dings in most of the stainless and dents through out the cars panels. The car was originally owned by a WWI (not WWII!) veteran so the story goes that as he was aging, he bumped into a lot of things.

Hagerty values the car at $7000 in fair condition, $17000 in perfect condition. Ebay results only show 1 sold in the past few months for $2700 and it was a rusted-out non-running project but it was a convertible. With that being said, I know the cars don't bring much money but I'm asking $5500, make me an offer! We can take it for a drive as long as it's not too bad outside. 732-619-5293 - Dave in NJ

Pictures: https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/1962-dodge-880-custom-sedan/6452099321.html