What I have avoided is the new 3-terminal voltage regulator and newer Mopar Electronic Ignition even though they are also very good choices.

Thanks Again
Dennis C.

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 6:35:41 PM UTC-7, 65Val wrote:
You can even get electronic ones that appear identical to the old mechanical ones, eg:
https://picclick.com/CHRYSLER-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-Voltage-Regulator-12v-Alternator-Electronic-191668898262.html
----- Original Message -----
From: dennis.1963ply
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 5:52 PM
Subject: Re: Electronic Constant Voltage Regulator

Hello,

Voltage regulator questions have been coming up.  ANY parts house will have the electronic voltage regulator you need.  If you have a stock alternator you are good to go.  If you go with a newer two terminal field alternator like i did all you need to do is ground one field terminal it does not matter which one.  It is a good idea if your wiring is old to run a new wire from the voltage regulator to the alternator.

Please refer to the pictures of my 63 SF.  I have one of the first billet Pertronix distributors, an electronic voltage regulator and a new high amperage alternator with a field terminal grounded.  It has been running like this for years - no problems.

If you buy an new regulator look at the bottom, if it does  not have resistors it is electronic like the one in my picture.  The actual case will vary but it will attach to your  original wiring and fit the original screw holes.

IMPORTANT
Note that one screw hole grounds the regulator, it MUST have a good ground sand a little around the screw hole where the regulator grounds.  If like mine the screw holes were getting a little lose just fold a small piece of bare stranded wire in a "V" shape, hook  it in the hole and put the screw in the screw will be tight.

Dennis C.