Re: remote oil filter relocation kits

It'a a pretty straight forward install just remember the oil filter needs to be accessible and not on top of anything that you don't mind oil getting on.  I see people mounting them on their fenders and complain about the mess every time they change oil.  Also steel braided hose can melt internally so keep your distance from the headers.

-------Original Message-------

Date: 8/8/2017 8:28:41 PM
Subject: remote oil filter relocation kits

Anybody have any experience with these? I remember as a kid in the 80s I thought these were so cool. Now I actually have an excuse to get one. Got my Dougs Headers and trial fitted them on the 340. No way!!  Filter would be sitting way too close to headers.. And thats if I screwed it directly into block and dumped the stock    90 degree mount. Gonna have to get it up and out of there. I am going to have some braided stainless lines made up locally, with 90 degree bends coming out of block. Priced them out and they were pretty reasonable. Not gonna trust my motor to a rubber hose.
   Neal