Progress on LeRoar

In preparation for my Route 66 trip in May/June I have been sprucing up LeRoar and repairing or upgrading items. I had been wanting to put on a 500cfm Eddy to replace the 600 I have on it now. I'm hoping this will improve the gas mileage. Luckily my cousin in Lakewood, CA  just happened to have two of them and is sending them to me in exchange for a 750cfm that I have on hand. He wants me help a friend balance the pair of 500 Eddy's he has on his 427 Chevy. Piece of cake... We'll be doing a cruise June 3rd in the Lakewood/ Long Beach area.

As I mentioned I have totally redone the rear brakes, added rear seat belts and am redoing the rattlecan painted hood. The hood is looking better after much sanding and prep. I even managed to pull out the front right corner of the hood which had been bent back about a half an inch. I need to find some decals to replace the aging ones on the front bumper and under the hood. I added an oil pressure switch to kill the electric fuel pump as a safety measure. I do have an over-ride on it too.

I'm wondering if the original headliner will survive 5,000 miles of highway speeds with the windows rolled down???? I may return without one! It's in decent shape without any tears but it's old...

I will document this trip and send off pictures and updates when I can. I won't be able to stop and smell the roses but the journey itself is what I like. I should complete the Route 66 portion of my trip in a week with stops for the NSRA show in Springfield, MO and a visit to Belen, NM with my brother. I hope to see Gary Futrell in OKC also and who knows what else will pop up.

Let's get these cars on the road this summer!

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr LeRoar 318poly w/goodies