From: Bob
Date: 4/15/2014 7:47:30 PM
Subject: Pushbuttons suddenly inop! (WAS: Dang - I did it again)

Thanks for the pictures, Rich.  My 64ragtop has been waiting for me to get to work on the sudden lockup of the pushbuttons.  I'd been having intermittent NO START events, but working the pushbuttons cleared the problem several times.  I just figured adjusting the shift cable would fix it, like several others have reported with neutral safety switch issues.  Then one day, I started the car and none of the pushbuttons would work.  No problem with the park lever, but that's a whole 'nother area.

I haven't dropped the trans pan yet, but I'm hoping it's not a MAJOR meltdown!  Like maybe a screw on the rooster comb broke or fell out.  That I can deal with!
Has anyone here had a similar problem?  Of course, I'm hoping for a simple, easy fix.  Still hoping to hit the lottery, too!
Any input would be much appreciated - words of encouragement eve more so.  Kindly hold off on the "OH SH*T!!!" comments 'til I get a look at the shifter's innards.

Guess I'll charge the camera battery and show y'all what I find, too.

Thanks to all!

BC