Re: Welcome new member - 1964 Dodge 330 MW

Re: Welcome new member - 1964 Dodge 330 MW

Thanks everyone.  took me some time to find figure out that I have a google group.  The car was on craigslist.  I live in milwaukee area.  I bought the car not knowing it was a real MW car.  I contacted Darrell Davis and Greg Lane.  they authenticated and confirmed what I have.  it was dark blue, 4 speed with light blue interior.  The car has been used and abused as a drag car for a long time.  I'm actually trying to find some history on the car.  Here is what I know.

It was shipped to Margana Motors in january 1964
believed to have spent most of its life in Madison, WI
It was a HC 426 max wedge with aluminum front end
At some point the rear wheel wells were cut out super stock style
A tilt front end was put on it.
It was re painted.  with some stripes.  Including a red stripe on the bottom 1/3 of the car.

If anyone knows or remembers the car, please let me know.  If anyone knows people who owned max wedge cars from wisconsin in the 60s I would love to talk to them.  I'm desperately trying to find owners and/or history of this car.  last numbers in the VIN are 161606

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Rob